Aquila Neighborhoodupdated: Wednesday, September 24, 2014
- North: Minnetonka Boulevard
- South: Highway 7
- East: Texas Avenue
- West: Hutchinson Spur Trail
City Council Ward:
The Aquila Neighborhood is in Ward 3. For your council representative's name, go to the St. Louis Park City Council page.
- Aquila is one of St. Louis Park's largest neighborhoods. It occupies 310.3 acres with about 23 residential blocks.
- Aquila has three neighborhood parks: Aquila Park, Sunset Park and Elie Park
- Aquila is in the Aquila/Cedar Manor elementary school attendance boundary. Aquila Primary School is located in this neighborhood.
- The Knollwood Shopping Center is located at the southern end of this neighborhood.
- Minnehaha Creek runs through the southwest corner of the neighborhood.
- The Hutchinson Spur regional bike trail runs alongside this neighborhood.
- Parks & open space - 14 percent
- Commercial/retail - 23.1 percent
- Aquila has a total of 1,260 housing units (506 single family homes, 57 condominiums, 679 apartment units and 18 duplexes).
- Apartments in this neighborhood are located in the north section of the neighborhood close to the elementary school. The central portion of the neighborhood consists of single family homes that were built mainly in the early 1950's.
- Population - 2783 (2000 Census)
- None at this time.
Neighborhood Association Contact:
- The Aquila neighbors' group has been active since 1998. They have organized neighborhood garage sales, summer picnics, and beautification projects at Aquila Park as well as along the bike path between 34th and 36th Street.
- Contact the Aquila chair for more information: Betty Deane at (952) 933-1903
- "Like" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Aquila-Neighborhood-SLP-MN/154103657998752 to stay updated on happenings in the neighborhood.
- You may also find our Neighborhood on Nextdoor.com!