Boards & Commissionsupdated: Thursday, August 28, 2014
Citizen involvement improves the quality and responsiveness of public decision-making. Serving as a member of a board or commission offers an excellent opportunity to become actively involved in your city government. The City of St. Louis Park welcomes its citizens to share their talents and perspectives by serving on an advisory Board or Commission. In exchange for your commitment of both time and effort, these committees influence the policies, actions and progress of our community.
Individuals interested in being considered for an appointment to a Board or Commission should submit an application form to the City Clerk's Office. Applications are available at City Hall, by clicking here, or by contacting the City Clerk's office at (952) 924-2505 if you would like an application mailed to you. Applications for all Boards and Commissions, with the exception of the Charter Commission, will be reviewed by City Council. Applicants must be able to attend scheduled evening meetings.
In order to provide young people with an opportunity to contribute their ideas and to participate in City Government, several advisory groups have positions for youth representatives. Interested high school youth (public, private or home-school) should check the "Student (under 18)" box at the top of the application form.
Current Board & Commission Vacancies
- Human Rights Commission advises the City Council on issues related to discrimination and equal opportunity.
- Youth Commissioners serve a one-year term and are needed on the Human Rights Commission, Police Advisory Commission and Telecommunications Advisory Commission.
To learn more about each commission, review agenda and minutes, and to see a list of current members and staff liaison contact information, please click one of the following links:
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- Charter Commission
- Environment & Sustainability Commission: Sustainable SLP
- Fire Civil Service Commission
- Housing Authority
- Human Rights Commission
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- Police Advisory Commission
- Telecommunications Commission
Other opportunities to serve:
- Basset Creek Watershed Management Commission
- Community Education Advisory Commission