Boards & Commissionsupdated: Friday, April 29, 2016
The City of St. Louis Park encourages citizens to share their talents and perspectives by serving on an advisory board or commission. Citizen involvement and engagement improves the quality and responsiveness of public decision-making. Serving as a member of a board or commission offers an excellent opportunity to become actively involved in city government and help shape our community. In exchange for your commitment of both time and effort, these committees influence the policies, actions and progress of our community.
Board and commission appointments are scheduled to be considered by the City Council on May 16, 2016. The application period for this round of appointments has closed.
Applications for all boards and commissions, with the exception of the Charter Commission, will be reviewed and evaluated annually by the City Council. Applicants may be asked to participate in an interview with the City Council. For complete details regarding the application and appointment process, please review the Rules & Procedures for Boards and Commissions or contact the City Clerk's office at 952.924.2525.
Individuals interested in being considered for appointment to future vacancies on a board or commission should submit a completed application to the City Clerk's Office. We encourage all applicants to use our NEW online application system. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. Applications will be retained by the City Clerk's office for the period of one (1) year. The next round of annual appointments will take place in May of 2017.
- Complete an electronic application here. Completed applications will be submitted electronically to the City Clerk's office.
- Download and print a paper application (.pdf) here. Send completed applications to the City Clerk's office at City Hall.
- If you would like an application mailed to you, please contact the City Clerk's office at 952.924.2525.
To learn more about a specific board or commission, review recent agendas and minutes, view a list of current members or contact information for staff liaisons, please use the links below:
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- Charter Commission
- Environment & Sustainability Commission: Sustainable SLP
- Fire Civil Service Commission
- Housing Authority
- Human Rights Commission
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Planning Commission
- Police Advisory Commission
- Telecommunications Commission
Other opportunities to serve:
- Basset Creek Watershed Management Commission
- Community Education Advisory Commission