Boards & Commissions Vacanciesupdated: Thursday, March 13, 2014
Individuals interested in being considered for an appointment to a Board or Commission should submit an application to the City Clerk's office. Applications are available at City Hall, by clicking here, or by contacting the City Clerk's office at (952) 924-2505 if you would like an application mailed to you. Applications for all Boards and Commissions, with the exception of the Charter Commission, will be reviewed by City Council.
The following Boards & Commissions currently have vacancies:
- Environment & Sustainability Commission: Sustainable SLP advises the City Council on sustainability issues and serves as a conduit for information and direction to and from residents and the public. Business member is needed (resident of St. Louis Park and who owns or operates a business in the city).
- Human Rights Commission advises the City Council on issues related to discrimination and equal opportunity.
- Park & Recreation Advisory Commission considers matters pertaining to long-range park and recreation plans.
- Planning Commission advises the City Council in matters concerning comprehensive planning, zoning, platting, street changes, and general planning and development.
- Police Advisory Commission works to enhance awareness of Police Department services and provide opportunities for citizen involvement.
- Telecommunication Advisory Commission works on issues related to the cable TV franchises and other telecommunications issues.
- Youth Commissioners serve a one-year term and are needed on the Human Rights Commission, Parks & Recreation Advisory Commission, Police Advisory Commission, and Telecommunications Advisory Commission.