Boards & Commissions Vacanciesupdated: Wednesday, July 02, 2014
Individuals interested in being considered for an appointment to a Board or Commission should submit an application to the City Clerk's office. Applications are available at City Hall, by clicking here, or by contacting the City Clerk's office at (952) 924-2505 if you would like an application mailed to you. Applications for all Boards and Commissions, with the exception of the Charter Commission, will be reviewed by City Council.
The following Boards & Commissions currently have vacancies:
- Environment & Sustainability Commission: Sustainable SLP advises the City Council on sustainability issues and serves as a conduit for information and direction to and from residents and the public. (One member – 3 year term)
- Human Rights Commission advises the City Council on issues related to discrimination and equal opportunity. (One Commissioner and one Attorney Commissioner – both 3 year terms)
- Police Advisory Commission works to enhance awareness of Police Department services and provide opportunities for citizen involvement. (One Commissioner – 2 year term)
- Fire Civil Service Commission is a three person commission which is vested with the authority to regulate and supervise the employment, promotion, discharge and suspension of all sworn full-time fire positions of the St. Louis Park Fire Department. (One commissioner – 2 year term)
- Youth Commissioners serve a one-year term and are needed on the Parks & Recreation Advisory Commission, Police Advisory Commission, and Telecommunications Advisory Commission.