- North: Excelsior Boulevard
- South: City of Edina
- East: Wooddale Avenue & City of Edina
- West: Highway 100
City Council Ward
The Browndale Neighborhood is in Ward 2. For your council representative's name, go to the St. Louis Park City Council page.
- Browndale Park is located in the south central part of the neighborhood.
- With the exception of businesses along Excelsior Boulevard, Browndale is composed primarily of single family homes.
- Most Holy Trinity School is located in this neighborhood.
- Browndale occupies 160.9 acres with the estimated residential size of 22 blocks.
- Browndale was subdivided in 1915. Construction began soon after to take advantage of the former streetcar line on 44th Street.
- Parks and open space - 6.6 percent
- Commercial/Retail - 1.1 percent
- Browndale has a total of 571 housing units (549 single family homes, 18 apartments and 4 duplexes).
- The average year built for single family homes was 1942.
- Population - 1385 (2002 Census)
- Annual Bonfire and Bluegrass Fall Party at Browndale Park from 3-9 p.m. on Saturday, October 10.
Come and enjoy the live music, build a scarecrow, chili cook off contest, bonfire and smores, and the elections for the Browndale Park board. We look forward to seeing you there!
- View the latest Browndale newsletter.
Neighborhood Association Contact
- The Browndale neighbors group formed in 1997. They host an annual winter skating party, spring egg hunt, summer picnic and fall bonfire. Block captains help deliver a regular neighborhood newsletter, and gardeners maintain flower plantings in the park.
- For Newsletter information contact Jane Flannigan at (952) 924-0673.
- For more Browndale Neighborhood information, friend us on facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Browndale-Neighborhood/264910170916
- You may also find our neighborhood on Nextdoor.com