Cable TV Information
Comcast is offering a low-cost way for qualifying families to receive internet access and a computer. It's called Internet Essentials, and is available in St. Louis Park. Free computer training is available, too.
How to qualify
To qualify for $9.95 a month Internet service and a low-cost computer, your household must meet all these criteria:
- Have at least one child eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program
- Have not subscribed to Comcast Internet service within the last 90 days
- Not have an overdue Comcast bill or unreturned equipment
Here's a link for the details and to apply: http://www.internetessentials.com/
updated: Friday, June 13, 2014
The City of St. Louis Park posts municipal announcements and cablecasts local programs and meetings on Civic Channel 17. Local organization announcements, traffic maps and local programming are cablecast on Community TV Channels 15 and 96. Park TV, channel 16, covers community events like sports and concerts. Channel 14 has school board meetings...
Newer, flat screen TVs will also need the DTA or cable box because the digital signal is encrypted. To receive Basic cable channels 2-23, 96 and 99 you need more than a QAM tuner...because of encryption. Also, any TV already connected to a DTA will continue to receive Basic channels and the rest of the Standard cable channels like Fox Sports...
updated: Tuesday, July 08, 2014
Find out about other community TV centers:
- In Minnesota: Minnesota Association of Community Telecommunications Administrators
- In Wisconsin: WAP Online
The following links will provide printable versions of community television information sheets and application forms.
- St. Louis Park Community TV Frequently Asked Questions
- Community TV Channel Playback Application
- Community TV Guidelines Information and Application Forms
- Community TV Studio Information and Application
- Student Videos Wanted Handout
- ParkTV Local Channels Brochure
Comcast's "Customer Guarantee" was introduced October 2009. It guarantees money-back satisfaction during your first 30 days of service. (Their) goal is to provide you with a consistently superior customer experience - whether at sign-up, during the normal course of business or during a service visit. The Customer Guarantee lets you know...
updated: Thursday, July 03, 2014
If you subscribe to cable television, you can take advantage of the "vacation rate" option. Your account must be current and you must plan on vacating your primary residence for a minimum of two months and a maximum of six months within a 12-month period. The 12-month period is from when you first start the seasonal program, not from the...