Highway 7 & Louisiana Avenue Interchangeupdated: Friday, August 29, 2014
- Louisiana Avenue near Highway 7: Starting on Tuesday, September 2, the west lanes of Louisiana Avenue will be closed. Traffic will switch to the newly constructed east lanes. Northbound and southbound Louisiana Avenue will be one lane in each direction near the intersection of Highway 7 and Louisiana Avenue.
- Walker Street: Starting on Tuesday, September 2, Walker Street will open east of Louisiana Avenue. Also on Tuesday, Walker Street will close west of Louisiana Avenue.
- Lake Street: Starting on Tuesday, September 2, Lake Street will open east of Louisiana Avenue. Also on Tuesday, Lake Street will close west of Louisiana Avenue.
- Westbound Highway 7 Ramp to Northbound Louisiana Avenue: Starting on Tuesday, September 2, the ramp from westbound Highway 7 to northbound Louisiana Avenue will open.
Westbound and Eastbound Highway 7 traffic has switched over to the new Highway 7 bridge over Louisiana Avenue. Motorists will not have access to or from Highway 7 at Louisiana Avenue.
The detour route to go northbound on Louisiana Avenue from Highway 7 is:
- Northbound on Texas Avenue
- Eastbound on Minnetonka Avenue
- Southbound on Blake Road
- Eastbound on Excelsior Avenue
The contractor will be working on the construction of the on and off ramps for access to Highway 7 to and from Louisiana Avenue. The first ramp going northbound on Louisiana Avenue from westbound Highway 7 is expected to open late August. The other ramps will open this fall.Additional Traffic & Noise Impacts
- Lanes on Louisiana Avenue reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Walker Street and West Lake Street (both East of Louisiana) are closed until July 2014. Notice
- As of March 24, C.S. McCrossan Construction, Inc. began occasionally starting work at 6 a.m. on the weekdays and at 7 a.m. on Saturdays. These extra hours will continue through November 2014. Note: pile driving will not begin before 7 a.m. The noise will be from heavy construction equipment, trucks and excavators.
- The Lake Street exit off of Highway 7 is closed indefinitely. Map
- Louisiana Avenue down to one lane each direction until Fall 2014
- Retaining wall construction continues
- Northbound lanes of Louisiana Avenue being constructed
- Installed pilings to support road and bridge
- Utility installation continues
- Reconfigure West Lake Street and Walker Street
- Add pedestrian and bicycle upgrades
- Add artistic elements such as lighting and other architectural features to the project
The project includes the construction of a grade-separated interchange at the Highway 7/Louisiana Avenue intersection. These improvements will improve access, safety and operations for a number of modes of transportation including vehicles, pedestrians, bicycles, transit and freight. The proposed project consists of a tight diamond interchange configuration with roundabouts along Louisiana Avenue for traffic control at the Lake Street and Walker Street intersections
The City of St. Louis Park is committed, along with its partners, to working with neighborhood businesses throughout the project. MnDOT and the City of St. Louis Park will work directly with affected businesses on disruptions, signage, detours, marketing and more. If you’re a business owner in the area and you would like more information on ongoing efforts, please contact: Mark Dierling, Project Manager, S.E.H. Consulting Engineers, at (651) 765-2953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MnDOT Project Website
SEH Project Website
Joe Shamla | Senior Engineering Project Manager
City Hall | 5005 Minnetonka Blvd. | St. Louis Park, MN 55416
P: (952) 924-2552 | email@example.com