Highway 7 & Louisiana Avenue Interchangeupdated: Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- The contractor will not be working from December 23rd through January 5th. There will not be a construction or business meeting on December 23rd or December 30th.
- Contractor's cold weather work policy - Construction crews will not work when the temperature is -10 degrees or if the wind chill factor is -10 degrees.
- Hwy 7 traffic has switched over to the bypass and the Lake Street exit off of Hwy 7 is closed indefinitely. Map
- Crews began driving piles into the roadway for support on Aug. 5 – additional daytime construction noise is expected through March 2014
Work on the Highway 7 & Louisiana Avenue Interchange project is underway. The contractor has completed clearing and grubbing of areas adjacent to the roadway and the removal of pavement from the shoulder areas. During the initial phase of the construction over the remaining summer months, through traffic on Highway 7 and Louisiana Avenue should remain largely unaffected. Much of the summer construction will include constructing a bypass for Highway 7 (to shift traffic to the south) and perform soil correction work in order to allow construction of the new improvements later in the fall.
Questions regarding the Highway 7 & Louisiana Avenue Interchange project should be directed to: Mark Dierling, Project Manager, S.E.H. Consulting Engineers, at (651) 765-2953 or email@example.com. Information can also be found at MnDOT’s project website at http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy7stlouispark/.
The project includes the construction of a grade-separated interchange at the Trunk Highway 7/Louisiana Avenue intersection in order to improve access, safety and operations for a number of modes of transportation including vehicle, pedestrian, and bicycle modes, transit and freight flow. The proposed project consists of a tight diamond interchange configuration with roundabouts along Louisiana Avenue for traffic control at the Lake Street and Walker Street intersections.
The City of St. Louis Park initiated a study for a new grade separated interchange at the intersection of Highway 7 and Louisiana Avenue in January 2009. The city and its partners, in conjunction with consultant, Short Elliot Hendrickson Inc. (SEH), developed a preferred concept design for a new interchange through an extensive public participation process. The new interchange will place a Highway 7 bridge over Louisiana Avenue.
Construction began summer of 2013 and will be substantially completed by the end of 2014.
Other Elements of the Project:
- Reconfigure West Lake Street and Walker Street
- Add pedestrian and bicycle upgrades
- Add artistic elements such as lighting and other architectural features to the project
The City of St. Louis Park is committed, along with its partners, to working with neighborhood businesses throughout the project. MnDot and the City of St. Louis Park will work directly with affected businesses on disruptions, signage, detours, marketing and more. If you’re a business owner in the area and you would like more information on ongoing efforts, please contact: Mark Dierling, Project Manager, S.E.H. Consulting Engineers, at (651) 765-2953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business owners and managers were invited to attend the Business Working Group meeting on April 9, 2013. For details, see the letter that was sent to area business owners and managers.
Mark Dierling | Project Manager
S.E.H. Consulting Engineers
P: (651) 765-2953 | email@example.com