2014 Election Dates
- April 29: Special Primary County Commissioner District 3 (if needed)
- May 13: Special Election County Commissioner District 3
- August 12: State Primary Election
- November 4: State General Election
- Polls Open: All precinct polling locations will be open 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Why is there a Special Election in St. Louis Park?
A Special Election is required by state law for Hennepin County Commissioner District 3 due to the resignation of Gail Dorfman whose third district seat covered all of St. Louis Park and southwest Minneapolis.
2013 ELECTION RESULTS
General Election (Nov. 5)
- City Election Results
- City of St. Louis Park Results (sos)
- ISD #283 (St. Louis Park Public Schools) Results
- Secretary of State Website (complete results): minnesotaelectionresults.sos.state.mn.us
2012 ELECTION RESULTS
General Election (Nov. 6) - Total St. Louis Park voter turnout was 88% (29,341 total voters)
- Click here for St. Louis Park election results by precinct
- Click here for statewide election results
- Click here for Hennepin County election results
Primary Election (Aug. 14) - Total voter turnout was 10% (2,669 total voters)
updated: Monday, December 02, 2013
Simply type in your street address into myNeighborhood to find out.
Click Here for myNeighborhood
To find your polling location and view Sample Ballots use:
State of Minnesota Polling Place Finder
Election Precinct Map:
St. Louis Park Election Precinct Map
updated: Monday, December 09, 2013
A person may not register if they have been convicted of a felony and their felony sentence has not expired (been completed) and their civil rights have not been restored, or if they are under a court-ordered guardianship in which the court order revoked their right to vote. Voters can register on Election Day with proper identification. For more...
updated: Monday, January 13, 2014
St. Louis Park and other Hennepin County voters will see a new vote tabulator machine when casting a ballot in the 2013 Municipal and School District Elections. The basic voting process will remain the same with voters completing a paper ballot to insert into the vote tabulator. However, advanced technology and improved voter features in the updated...
updated: Monday, December 02, 2013
Ask the election judges for assistance:
- To read or mark a ballot.
- To obtain a magnifying device or a chair to use in the voting booth.
- To vote at the curb.
If you have a permanent disability, contact the City Clerk's Office at (952) 924-2503 to learn about how to apply for an absentee ballot.
updated: Friday, March 07, 2014
Any eligible voter may vote by absentee ballot. Absentee voting starts April 14 for the Special Primary Election and May 5 for the Special Election. Absentee Ballot Application
Vote Absentee at City Hall, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. starting 45 days prior to Election Day. Additional hours include Saturday, April 26 and May 10 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Contact the Elections Office at (952) 924-2503 to request an Absentee Voting Application by mail. Complete an Absentee Ballot Application and return to City Hall. Upon receipt of application, your ballot will be mailed to you, which you may return by mail or in person prior to Election Day.
ABSENTEE VOTING OVERSEAS - There are special forms and procedures to make voting easier for Minnesotans who are serving in the military or are otherwise overseas. For more information visit https://minnesota.overseasvotefoundation.org or Federal Voting Assistance Program - Home
Absentee Voters can check the status of their absentee ballot at: https://mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/AbsenteeBallotStatus.aspx
updated: Thursday, March 06, 2014
For state election results visit:
Secretary of State Election Results
- 2001 City/School General Election Results
- 2003 City/School General Election Results
- 2005 City Primary Election Results
- 2005 City/School General Election Results
- 2007 City/School General Election Results
- 2009 City Primary Election Results
- 2009 City/School General Election Results
- 2011 Primary Results OFFICIAL
- 2011 General Results OFFICIAL
- 2012 General Results OFFICIAL
- 2013 General Results OFFICIAL
updated: Monday, March 10, 2014
|Secretary of State||(651) 215-1440||www.sos.state.mn.us|
|Hennepin County||(612) 348-5151||www.co.hennepin.mn.us|
|League of Women Voters||(952) 938-6255||www.lwvmn.org/Page.aspx?pid=546|
|Sun Sailor||(952) 392-7663||www.mnsun.com|
Major Political Parties
|DFL Party||(651) 293-1200||www.dfl.org|
|Republican Party||(651) 222-0022||www.mngop.com|
|Independence Party||(651) 487-9700||www.mnip.org|
|Green Party*||(651) 288-2820||www.mngreens.org|
Related Election Information
|Constitution of the State of Minnesota||www.house.leg.state.mn.us/cco/rules/mncon/preamble.htm|
|MN Election Laws||www.sos.state.mn.us/home/index.asp?page=224|
|MN Redistricting Information||http://gis.leg.mn/html/redistricting.html|
|Federal Elections Commission||http://www.fec.gov|
|Federal Voting Assistance Project||http://www.fvap.gov|
|U.S. Census Bureau||http://www.census.gov|