News and Notes
Primary Election: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 polls open 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
General Election: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 polls open 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
St. Louis Park voters will head to the polls in August because more than two candidates have filed for the office of Mayor. A Primary Election will be held on August 11 for this office. (See Mayoral Candidates below). The two candidates who receive the highest number of votes at the Primary will be placed on the General Election ballot. No Primary Election is required for the offices of Councilmember At-Large A or Councilmember At-Large B.
Candidates who have filed affidavits of candidacy for the 2015 elections:
Mayor (4 yr. term)
Erik C. Evans
Councilmember At Large A (4 yr. term)
Councilmember At Large B (4 yr. term)
- June 26 – August 10: Absentee Voting for Municipal Primary
- July 21: Voter Pre-registration for Municipal Primary Closes (5 p.m.)
- August 11: Municipal Primary Election (if necessary)
- September 18 – November 2: Absentee Voting for General Election
- October 13: Voter Pre-registration for General Election Closes (5 p.m.)
- November 3: General Election
One way to stay informed: The League of Women Voters St. Louis Park will host a Mayoral Primary Election Candidate Forum at 7 p.m. on July 28. The Forum will be held in the City Hall City Council Chambers at 5005 Minnetonka Blvd. The participating candidates are: Mike Edlavitch, Conrad Segal and Jake Spano, and the moderator will be Susan Scribner of the League of Women Voters Minnetonka. Come to the Forum, or watch it live on Civic TV cable channel 17, or at www.parktv.org by clicking on the channel 17 logo. It will be available on demand the next day on the city’s YouTube page at www.youtube.com/slpcable.