News and Notes
On the Ballot:
- Councilmember At Large A
- Councilmember At Large B
Candidate Filing for Municipal Offices
The City of St. Louis Park holds municipal elections in odd-numbered years. Primary elections are held when three (3) or more candidates file for any elective City office.
Affidavits of Candidacy for City offices may be filed with the City Clerk at St. Louis Park City Hall, 5005 Minnetonka Boulevard, beginning Tuesday, May 19, 2015. The candidate filing period closes at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, June 2nd. The City Clerk's office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. City Hall will be closed on Monday, May 25th in observance of Memorial Day.
The cost to file an Affidavit of Candidacy is $20. A nominating petition, signed by 15 registered voters, is required. Signatures may only be obtained during the filing period (May 19 – June 2), and City staff will verify that the signatures are from individuals eligible to vote for the office specified in the petition.
Please review the 2015 Municipal Candidate Guide for more information, or contact the City Clerk's office at 952-924-2503.
- May 19 – June 2: Candidate Filing Period
- June 4: Last Day for Candidates to Withdraw (5 pm)
- June 26 – August 10: Absentee Voting for Municipal Primary (if necessary)
- July 21: Voter Pre-registration for Municipal Primary Closes (5 pm)
- August 11: Municipal Primary Election (if necessary)
- September 18 – November 2: Absentee Voting for General Election
- October 13: Voter Pre-registration for General Election Closes (5 pm)
- November 3: General Election