Elmwood Neighborhoodupdated: Monday, October 20, 2014
- North: Highway 7
- South: Excelsior Boulevard
- East: Highway 100
- West: CP Railroad
City Council Ward
The Elmwood Neighborhood is in Ward 2. For your council representative's name, go to the St. Louis Park City Council page.
- Elmwood is one of St. Louis Park's oldest neighborhoods. It is the location of many of St. Louis Park's original homes. Housing development was influenced greatly by the railroad in the late 1800's.
- Elmwood has two neighborhood parks: Jorvig Park and Justad Park.
- Elmwood occupies 231.9 acres (12 blocks residential).
- Parks and open space - 1.0 percent
- Commercial/industrial - 24.7 percent
- Elmwood has 518 housing units (272 single family homes, 168 apartment units and 78 duplex units).
- The average year built (single family houses) was 1939.
- Population - 1067 (2002 Census)
- The Elmwood neighbors group formed in 1997. They host an annual fall gathering each year.
- Neighborhood Meeting is set for Thursday, November 13th from 7-8 pm at Aldersgate Church.
- Halloween Party! Sunday, October 26 from 3-5 p.m. at Aldersgate Church. Join your neighbors for a family-friendly evening with games, crafts, snacks, and a great magic show!
- You may also find our Neighborhood on Nextdoor.com