Elmwood Neighborhoodupdated: Wednesday, December 17, 2014
- North: Highway 7
- South: Excelsior Boulevard
- East: Highway 100
- West: CP Railroad
City Council Ward
The Elmwood Neighborhood is in Ward 2. For your council representative's name, go to the St. Louis Park City Council page.
- Elmwood is one of St. Louis Park's oldest neighborhoods. It is the location of many of St. Louis Park's original homes. Housing development was influenced greatly by the railroad in the late 1800's.
- Elmwood has two neighborhood parks: Jorvig Park and Justad Park.
- Elmwood occupies 231.9 acres (12 blocks residential).
- Parks and open space - 1.0 percent
- Commercial/industrial - 24.7 percent
- Elmwood has 518 housing units (272 single family homes, 168 apartment units and 78 duplex units).
- The average year built (single family houses) was 1939.
- Population - 1067 (2002 Census)
- The Elmwood neighbors group formed in 1997. They host an annual fall gathering each year.
Elmwood Bowling Party! Sunday, January 11th from noon-2:00 p.m. at Park Tavern (3401 Louisiana Ave. S.) 2 hours of bowling, shoes, and pizza will be provided by the Elmwood Neighborhood Association.
Annual Elmwood Garage Sale-- Saturday, May 16th 2015
- You may also find our Neighborhood on Nextdoor.com