Elmwood Neighborhoodupdated: Tuesday, January 21, 2014
- North: Highway 7
- South: Excelsior Boulevard
- East: Highway 100
- West: CP Railroad
City Council Ward
The Elmwood Neighborhood is in Ward 2. For your council representative's name, click here.
- Elmwood is one of St. Louis Park's oldest neighborhoods. It is the location of many of St. Louis Park's original homes. Housing development was influenced greatly by the railroad in the late 1800's.
- Elmwood has two neighborhood parks: Jorvig Park and Justad Park.
- Elmwood occupies 231.9 acres (12 blocks residential).
- Parks and open space - 1.0 percent
- Commercial/industrial - 24.7 percent
- Elmwood has 518 housing units (272 single family homes, 168 apartment units and 78 duplex units).
- The average year built (single family houses) was 1939.
- Population - 1067 (2002 Census)
Elmwood Neighborhood Association invites you to the Mid-Winter Neighborhood Bowling Party! Sunday, February 9th from 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. at The Park Tavern Bowling Center (3401 Louisiana Ave. S.) The event is free! This includes the two hours of bowling, shoes, and Pizza for all Elmwood neighbors (adults and kids) who RSVP by Friday, February 7th. Space is limited, so please RSVP right away to Colleen Leonard: firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-451-5121.
- The Elmwood neighbors group formed in 1997. They host an annual fall gathering each year.
- Contact Hanna Barker at 612-987-4818 or email email@example.com for more information.
- The following link is for the Elmwood Neighborhood Association Neighborhood Link Website that is updated and maintained by the neighborhood association: http://www.neighborhoodlink.com/stlouispk/elmwood/