Home Ownership Programs
The City of St. Louis Park is currently reviewing requests for proposals for a new fixed-network water meter system. A new system would not only provide the city with the latest technology available for meter systems, but it would also enhance customer service regarding leak detection, the ease of move-in/move-out services, and address final bills...
Homes Within Reach is a program of West Hennepin Affordable Housing Land Trust that purchases properties, rehabilitates and then turns around and sells the home to qualified low to moderate income households. Buyers pay for the cost of the home only and lease the land for 99 years. City funds are leveraged with Hennepin County Affordable Housing...
updated: Friday, May 01, 2015
Once the employee obtains a mortgage from a participating lender, the grant can be used to help finance a down payment, closing costs and gap financing. The program not only gives workers an opportunity to own a home close to their job, it increases employee loyalty, retention, and morale, and creates a positive community building environment for the...
updated: Monday, April 13, 2015
Each year the City attempts to control, for the greater good of our community, tall grass and noxious weeds that can spread and take over landscapes. The noxious weed control effort is a partnership of the State of Minnesota, Department of Agriculture (MDA), Hennepin County Environmental Services and the local government entity, City of St...
updated: Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin is now offering a Foreclosure Prevention Hotline to help homeowners who are in danger of losing their homes. The Hotline number is (952) 933-1993.
"CAPSH is acting aggressively to help reduce the growing number of foreclosures in suburban Hennepin County," said CAPSH Operations Director Scott Zemke. "Our agency has more than quadrupled its capacity to help those in crisis."
The CAPSH Foreclosure Prevention Program provides information, advocacy, referrals to additional resources and other assistance to homeowners who are having trouble paying their mortgage.
The new Foreclosure Prevention Hotline will directly connect homeowners with professionals who can help them through the process.
CAPSH is a nonprofit agency dedicated to improving the lives of low-income individuals and families and suburban Hennepin County. For more information on CAPSH programs and services, visit www.capsh.org.
updated: Wednesday, January 07, 2015
Emergency Repair Program
- Grants of up to $4,000
- Immediate emergency repairs such as furnace replacement, roof repair, etc.
- Houshold income of 50 percent of area median income (2014 Income Limits based on household size: Family of 1 $29,050, family of 2 $33,200, family of 3 $37,350, family of 4 $41,150, for larger families contact Bill O'Meara for income limits)
- Administered by CAPSH for the City of st. Louis Park
- Contact Bill O'Meara at (952) 697-1310
Deferred Loan Program
- Maximum loan amount of $20,000
- 0 percent interest loan
- Covers basic safety, maintenance, improvements
- Loan deferred until the sale of the home, or after 15 years the loan is forgiven
- Household income limits apply. (2014 Income Limits based on household size: Family of 1 $29,050, family of 2 $33,200, family of 3 $37,350, family of 4 $41,150, for larger families contact Jim Graham for income limits)
- Administered by Hennepin County
- Contact Jim Graham at (612) 348-2235
First-time Homebuyer Low-Interest Mortgages
- 30-year mortgage rate approximately 1 percent below market rate
- Household income limits apply; limit increases with household size
- Details at www.mnhousing.gov or contact (651) 296-8215