Website articles related to: Jail
The Police Department has 51 sworn officers and 23 civilian personnel, including 11 dispatchers, 7 support staff, and 4 community service officers. Employees in the Police Department include sworn law enforcement officials, administrators, support staff and dispatchers.
The Police Department is responsible for:
- Enforcing motor vehicle laws
- Protecting lives and property from crime
- Preserving public order
- Apprehending criminals
- Collecting and preserving evidence
- Mediating conflicts
- Responding to medical emergencies and car accidents
- Preventing crime by identifying community problems, analyzing crime patterns and working with neighborhoods and community institutions to address concerns
- Maintaining criminal records and data.
The St. Louis Park Police Station was constructed in 1993 and is located on the south side of the City Hall parking lot. It houses the Emergency Communications/911 Center, administrative offices, jail, and training/meeting rooms. To get to the Police Station, turn south onto Raleigh Avenue from Minnetonka Boulevard. After a quarter-block, turn east...
Group tours of the police station can be arranged by contacting Community Service Officer Coordinator Eric Lincoln at (952) 924-2125.