Minnehaha Neighborhoodupdated: Thursday, January 24, 2013
- North: Minnehaha Creek
- South: Phillips Parkway
- East: Minnehaha Creek Highway 169
- West: Highway 169
City Council Ward
The Minnehaha Neighborhood is in Ward 3. For your council representative's name, click here.
- Minnehaha Creek is a prominent element of this neighborhood.
- Other prominent elements are the housing campus for the elderly located on the south end of the neighborhood and the nearby Knollwood Mall.
- Knollwood Green Park is located in this neighborhood.
- Minnehaha occupies 97.7 acres with about 8 blocks of residential.
- Parks & open space - 14.6 percent
- Commercial/industrial - 8.3 percent
- Minnehaha has 329 housing units (129 single family homes and 200 apartment units).
- The average year built (single family houses) was 1964.
- Population - 738 (2002 Census)
- There are no events planned at this time. This summer the Minnehaha neighborhood hosted a garage sale, the annual National Night Out event in Knollwood Green park, and a bi weekly Minnehaha Parent and Child Play Time at the park. It was a great summer but the neighborhood association could use your help to keep these types of events going. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Gabriel Skelly at 952-938-0455.
Neighborhood Association Contact
- The Minnehaha neighbors group formed in 2000. They host a summer social event and neighborhood garage sale each year.
- Like us on Facebook to stay connected with your Minnehaha neighbors. For more information or to get involved contact neighborhood president Gabriel Skelly at 952-938-0455.