Planning & Zoning
Location: 4760 and 4900 Excelsior Boulevard
Description: An application was submitted to the City to demolish the former Bally Total Fitness building and redevelop the site and the adjacent vacant lot with a new six-story mixed-use development containing 28,228 square feet of commercial space (grocery store) and 179 apartments, including 18 affordable units. A Planned Unit Development (zoning ordinance and zoning map amendment) is required for the proposal. The application also includes a plat to combine the two parcels into one lot, dedicate right-of-way to the adjacent streets, and provide drainage and utility easements.
On May 18, 2015 the City Council voted to approve the preliminary plat to combine the 2 parcels into one lot. The City Council tabled action on the PUD. The developer is currently considering changes based on these comments.
Developer: Oppidan Inc.
- City Council Special Study Session Report August 17, 2015
- City Council Study Session Minutes June 8, 2015
- City Council Study Session Staff Report June 8, 2015
- City Council Meeting Minutes May 18, 2015
- City Council Meeting Staff Report May 18, 2015
- Planning Commission Meeting Minutes April 15, 2015
- Planning Commission Staff Report April 15, 2015
- Traffic Study (based on 183 units and 29,878 sq. ft. grocery/liquor)
updated: Tuesday, August 25, 2015
The Planning and Zoning Division works with citizens, businesses, and community leaders to shape the appearance, use and development of St. Louis Park. Division staff coordinates the administering of the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances, prepares reports and studies of redevelopment and long-rang plans,and provides information...
updated: Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Description: An application has been submitted for a Conditional Use Permit for the vacant retail site located at 4911 Excelsior Blvd. The proposed redevelopment will consist of demolishing the existing buildings and constructing a new retail, office and storage facility for Sherwin Williams. A conditional use permit is required due...
updated: Monday, August 17, 2015
Location: 5320 23rd St W
Description: Hillcrest Development is expanding its recently renovated Westside Center. The expansion of the multi-tenant facility includes a 40,000 sf building addition for Lyman Lumber, outdoor storage, ring-road, parking lot expansion and stormwater systems. The project will result in a 2.33 acres increase in impervious surface on the 24.8-acre property; the fill of 0.22 acres of degraded wetland; and the indirect impact of 0.11 acre of degraded wetland.
On June 1, 2015, the City Council approved a conditional use permit to allow fill material to expand the building, parking lot, and storage area. Permits for the grading were issued by Minnehaha Creek Watershed District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and the City. The building construction will begin immediately after grading has been completed.
Developer: Hillcrest Development
- City Council Meeting Minutes June 1, 2015
- City Council Staff Report June 1, 2015
- Planning Commission Meeting Minutes May 20, 2015
- Planning Commission Staff Report May 20, 2015
- Minnehaha Creek Watershed District Wetland Notice of Decision
- FEMA Letter of Map Amendment