Welcome to the St. Louis Park Police Department webpage. I appreciate your interest in our police department and invite you to spend a few minutes learning about us.
The St. Louis Park Police Department has been serving the community since 1934. We believe in the Community Oriented Policing (COP) philosophy and rely on your trust and partnership in keeping St. Louis Park a safe place to live, work and visit.
As you might imagine, our police department handles tens of thousands of requests for service each year. Our goal is to be as transparent as we can be, while providing information in a format that is easy to understand.
On behalf of the men and women of the St. Louis Park Police Department, thank you for visiting our webpage. We look forward to serving you.
updated: Tuesday, May 13, 2014
The Police Department has 52 sworn officers and 17 civilian personnel, including seven dispatchers, six support staff, one community liaison and three community service officers. Employees in the Police Department include sworn law enforcement officials, administrators, support staff and dispatchers.
Police Department Mission: Provide citizens with quality service, professional conduct and a safe environment in which to live, work and learn. The St. Louis Park Police Department is committed to an active partnership with our community as we work together to solve problems and prevent crime and disorder.
Police Core Values:
- We believe that service to the public is our reason for being, and we strive to deliver quality services in a highly professional and cost-effective manner
- We believe that preventing crime and disorder is the best and most economical law enforcement solution
- We recognize our interdependent relationship with the community we serve, and we are continually sensitive to changing community needs
- We believe that ethics and integrity are the foundation blocks of public trust and confidence, and that all meaningful relationships are built on these values
- We believe that our employees are the department's greatest resource. As professionals, we continually strive to improve the quality of our skills
- Our department's mission, values and goals are, at all times, in harmony with the mission, values and goals of the City of St. Louis Park
updated: Thursday, July 24, 2014
Barnes has been with the St. Louis Park Police Department for 12 and a half years, continually volunteering for various police department assignments and responsibilities in an effort to serve those around him. Some of those responsibilities include participating in the Labor Management Committee, previously serving co-workers as a union steward, training...
updated: Thursday, May 22, 2014
The St. Louis Park Police Station was constructed in 1993 and is located on the south side of the City Hall parking lot. It houses the Emergency Communications/911 Center, administrative offices, jail, and training/meeting rooms. To get to the Police Station, turn south onto Raleigh Avenue from Minnetonka Boulevard. After a quarter-block, turn east...
updated: Wednesday, April 30, 2014
St. Louis Park has four police substations or COP Shops at the locations listed below. Hours vary since the substations are primarily used by officers to write reports and meet with people who have made advance arrangements. Call (952) 924-2600 for more information.
|St. Louis Park Cop Shops||
|Excelsior & Grand Cop Shop||4717 Park Commons Drive
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
|Texa-Tonka Shopping Center||Texas Avenue & Minnetonka Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
|West End Cop Shop||
1623 West End Blvd.