About the Police Departmentupdated: Monday, December 09, 2013
The Police Department has 52 sworn officers and 17 civilian personnel, including 7 dispatchers, 6 support staff, 1 community liaison and 3 community service officers. Employees in the Police Department include sworn law enforcement officials, administrators, support staff and dispatchers.
- We believe that service to the public is our reason for being, and we strive to deliver quality services in a highly professional and cost-effective manner.
- We believe that preventing crime and disorder is the best and most economical law enforcement solution
- We recognize our interdependent relationship with the community we serve, and we are continually sensitive to changing community needs.
- We believe that ethics and integrity are the foundation blocks of public trust and confidence, and that all meaningful relationships are built on these values.
- We believe that our employees are the department's greatest resource. As professionals, we continually strive to improve the quality of our skills.
- Our department's mission, values and goals are, at all times, in harmony with the mission, values and goals of the City of St. Louis Park.