About the Police Departmentupdated: Monday, July 06, 2015
The Police Department has 52 sworn officers and 17 civilian personnel, including seven dispatchers, six support staff, one community liaison and three community service officers. Employees in the Police Department include sworn law enforcement officials, administrators, support staff and dispatchers.
Police Department Mission: Provide citizens with quality service, professional conduct and a safe environment in which to live, work and learn. The St. Louis Park Police Department is committed to an active partnership with our community as we work together to solve problems and prevent crime and disorder.
Police Core Values:
- We believe that service to the public is our reason for being, and we strive to deliver quality services in a highly professional and cost-effective manner
- We believe that preventing crime and disorder is the best and most economical law enforcement solution
- We recognize our interdependent relationship with the community we serve, and we are continually sensitive to changing community needs
- We believe that ethics and integrity are the foundation blocks of public trust and confidence, and that all meaningful relationships are built on these values
- We believe that our employees are the department's greatest resource. As professionals, we continually strive to improve the quality of our skills
- Our department's mission, values and goals are, at all times, in harmony with the mission, values and goals of the City of St. Louis Park