Website articles related to: Police Department
The Police Department has 51 sworn officers and 23 civilian personnel, including 11 dispatchers, 7 support staff, and 4 community service officers. Employees in the Police Department include sworn law enforcement officials, administrators, support staff and dispatchers.
The Police Department is responsible for:
- Enforcing motor vehicle laws
- Protecting lives and property from crime
- Preserving public order
- Apprehending criminals
- Collecting and preserving evidence
- Mediating conflicts
- Responding to medical emergencies and car accidents
- Preventing crime by identifying community problems, analyzing crime patterns and working with neighborhoods and community institutions to address concerns
- Maintaining criminal records and data.
In addition to responding to crime and calls for service, the police department concentrates efforts on prevention and resolving quality of life issues that affect the well being of the community. The police department utilizes a number of operational strategies to deliver police services based on the nature of the incident or problem. For more information...