The Police Department has 52 sworn officers and 17 civilian personnel, including seven dispatchers, six support staff, one community liaison and three community service officers. Employees in the Police Department include sworn law enforcement officials, administrators, support staff and dispatchers.
Police Department Mission: Provide citizens with quality service, professional conduct and a safe environment in which to live, work and learn. The St. Louis Park Police Department is committed to an active partnership with our community as we work together to solve problems and prevent crime and disorder.
Police Core Values:
- We believe that service to the public is our reason for being, and we strive to deliver quality services in a highly professional and cost-effective manner
- We believe that preventing crime and disorder is the best and most economical law enforcement solution
- We recognize our interdependent relationship with the community we serve, and we are continually sensitive to changing community needs
- We believe that ethics and integrity are the foundation blocks of public trust and confidence, and that all meaningful relationships are built on these values
- We believe that our employees are the department's greatest resource. As professionals, we continually strive to improve the quality of our skills
- Our department's mission, values and goals are, at all times, in harmony with the mission, values and goals of the City of St. Louis Park
updated: Tuesday, February 03, 2015
St. Louis Park has four police substations or COP Shops at the locations listed below. Hours vary since the substations are primarily used by officers to write reports and meet with people who have made advance arrangements. Call (952) 924-2600 for more information.
|St. Louis Park Cop Shops||
|Excelsior & Grand Cop Shop||4717 Park Commons Drive
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
|Texa-Tonka Shopping Center||Texas Avenue & Minnetonka Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
|West End Cop Shop||
1623 West End Blvd.
updated: Friday, March 20, 2015
Welcome to the St. Louis Park Police Department webpage. I appreciate your interest in our police department and invite you to spend a few minutes learning about us.
The St. Louis Park Police Department has been serving the community since 1934. We believe in the Community Oriented Policing (COP) philosophy and rely on your trust and partnership in keeping St. Louis Park a safe place to live, work and visit.
As you might imagine, our police department handles tens of thousands of requests for service each year. Our goal is to be as transparent as we can be, while providing information in a format that is easy to understand.
On behalf of the men and women of the St. Louis Park Police Department, thank you for visiting our webpage. We look forward to serving you.
updated: Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Prior to each meeting, each resident will be mailed a postcard for an invitation to complete a survey. Please complete the survey, as survey results will be provided at the meetings.
Each neighborhood meeting’s date, time and location will be posted below, as well as in the Sun Sailor, and the city’s Facebook, Twitter and Nextdoor accounts.
If you have any questions, please contact Community Outreach Officer Erin Nordrum at (952) 924-2661.
updated: Monday, June 22, 2015
At the St. Louis Park Police Department’s annual meeting on December 16, 2014, Officer Mike Capecchi was selected by his peers to receive the 2014 Robert Linnell Officer of the Year Award. This award is given to an officer who has demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of the St. Louis Park Police Department. Mike began his...
updated: Monday, March 09, 2015
The St. Louis Park Police Station was constructed in 1993 and is located on the south side of the City Hall parking lot. It houses the Emergency Communications/911 Center, administrative offices, jail, and training/meeting rooms. To get to the Police Station, turn south onto Raleigh Avenue from Minnetonka Boulevard. After a quarter-block, turn east...