Please check out our Events page and the Programs tab for information on things to do in St. Louis Park! Stop by our Rec Center, which features an outdoor aquatic park, two indoor ice areas, and meeting and banquet facilities. Also swing by the Westwood Hills Nature Center, the city’s 160 acre nature preserve, or any other of our city facilities...
updated: Monday, June 22, 2015
PRISM Express bus service that has served the northwest suburbs for many years, including St. Louis Park the past few years, has discontinued its dial-a-ride service.
While it is valuable, offering this service comes at a cost that PRISM's board of directors said it can no longer bear. PRISM Press Release
updated: Monday, June 08, 2015
Senior Community Services (SCS) is a nonprofit agency that has provided services to seniors and their families for more than 60 years. The mission of SCS is to develop, coordinate and provide services that help meet the needs of older adults and support their caregivers. SCS’s programs are:
CareNextion: Free web-based tool anyone can use to coordinate care-giving for a senior by creating a personal and secure care team, having a journal and calendar function, and finding local community-based resources. Free calls can be made where an experienced licensed social worker from SCS will answer questions and help solve problems.
- (612) 770-7005
H.O.M.E.: Provides affordable homemaking, home maintenance, and chore services that help seniors continue to live independently in their homes. Seniors contribute to the cost of the services based on their ability to pay. Call (952) 888-5530.
Senior Outreach: Licensed social workers that provide care coordination, and supportive counseling for frail elders to assist them to remain independent. Call (952) 746-4028.
Medicare & Health Insurance Counseling: Guides seniors and caregivers in choosing appropriate coverage from Medicare, Medicare supplements, and Part D Plans and in resolving insurance claims. Call (952) 541-1019 ext. 307.
Please call (952) 541-1019 or visit seniorcommunity.org for more information.
updated: Friday, May 22, 2015
The Twin Cities metropolitan area has a 10-digit calling system. All local calls require dialing 10 digits. (These will not be charged as long distance calls, however.) Area codes are assigned by community, and St. Louis Park's area code is 952. Here's an overview of metro area codes -
Area Code 952-- Apple Valley, Bloomington, Burnsville, Chanhassen, Eden Prairie, Edina, Hopkins, Minnetonka, St. Louis Park and other communities south of I-394.
Area Code 612-- Minneapolis, Richfield, Fort Snelling and St. Anthony
Area Code 763-- Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, Fridley, Golden Valley, New Hope, Plymouth, Robbinsdale and other communities north of I-394.
Area Code 651-- St. Paul and suburbs
updated: Tuesday, July 14, 2015
To retain the residential character of our neighborhoods, home businesses
- must be clearly incidental and subordinate to the home's residential use
- cannot alter the exterior of the property
- cannot be visible from the public right-of-way (street)
- cannot affect the residential character of the neighborhood.
In addition, home businesses must comply with these conditions
- All material and equipment must be stored in an enclosed structure.
- Only individuals who legally live in the home may be employed by the home business. (Exception: a licensed family day care may have one outside employee.)
- Only equipment and materials which are normally found in a home may be used to operate the business.
- No light or vibration can be discernable at the property line.
- No more than one wall sign can identify the home occupation. (This sign cannot be illuminated and may only be two sq. ft. or less.)
- Only one room or no more than 10 percent of the floor area (whichever is greater) can be used for the home business.
- The business cannot be operated in any attached or detached accessory building (i.e. garage, shed, etc.).
These businesses cannot be operated as a home occupation -
- Auto body or vehicle painting
- Motor vehicle sales and repair
- Retail sales
- Medical and dental services
- Animal sale or handling (boarding, treatment or care for a fee)
- Beauty or barbershops
- Warehouse storage
- Manufacturing or processing.
For more information, contact Zoning Administrator Gary Morrison at
- (952) 924-2592