Parking: Winter Exceptionsupdated: Friday, November 01, 2013
St. Louis Park automatically bans parking on City streets anytime snow accumulation reaches three inches (day or night). The City does not declare snow emergencies so please do not wait for one before moving your car. There are some exceptions to the winter parking ordinance - but only in a few neighborhoods where parking is limited because of apartment buildings or commercial businesses. In these areas, parking within the first 24 hours of the ban going into effect is allowed. After the first 24 hours, however, vehicles must be moved to a plowed street. Vehicles that aren't moved are subject to ticketing and towing.
To find out if a portion of a street is exempt, call (952) 924-2562 or click here to view the map.
Parking Permits During Snow Plowing
Households that do not have enough space to park at least two vehicles off the street, may apply for a parking permit if they meet one of these criteria:
- The household has no garage or driveway (no permit fee, limit two permits per household)
- The household has off-street parking for only one vehicle but owns two vehicles (no permit fee, limit one permit per household)
- The household has off-street parking for only one vehicle but owns three or more vehicles (one free permit and $125 for one additional permit, limit two permits per household)
- The household has off-street parking for two vehicles but owns three or more vehicles ($125 per permit, limit two permits per household)
- The household requires the aid of a licensed caregiver and does not have off-street parking for the caregiver's vehicle ($25 for caregiver's permit; limit of one caregiver permit per household).
To have a permit application mailed to you, call (952) 924-2562 or click here for the permit.
Jeff Stevens | Operations Manager
Municipal Service Center | 7305 Oxford Street | St. Louis Park, MN 55426
P: (952) 928-2853 | email@example.com