School Liaison Officersupdated: Friday, August 30, 2013
Three police officers are assigned as School Liaison Officers during the school year. If you have a concern or question about a student during the school year, please call one of the school liaison officers as follows:
| Officer Max Peltola
School Liaison SLP Senior High School
| Officer John Herman
School Liaison/D.A.R.E. Junior High School
| Officer Matthew Havlik
D.A.R.E. SLP Elementary Schools
- Concerns about suspicious persons near bus stops, parks or schools (Call 911 if person is currently near children!)
- Questions about laws regarding truancy, curfew, smoking, driving privileges, etc.
- Concerns about a child who may be a victim of abuse or neglect
- Advice on managing a child who's gravitating toward "the wrong crowd"
- Help on handling harassment or threats
- Information on identifying early signs of juvenile alcohol or drug use
- Referrals to agencies that provide counseling, mediation or other assistance.