Website articles related to: Value
In addition to responding to crime and calls for service, the police department concentrates efforts on prevention and resolving quality of life issues that affect the well being of the community. The police department utilizes a number of operational strategies to deliver police services based on the nature of the incident or problem. For more information...
Minnesota law requires that the assessed value of your home reflect its market value: the price a buyer would typically pay for your home in today's real estate market. Assessors set your home's value by comparing what similar homes in your neighborhood actually sold for in the last year. For questions about your home's assessed value, call the...
Deliver responsive municipal services to ensure a safe, welcoming and vital community now and in the future.
We are stewards of the public trust who treat our colleagues and those we serve courteously, openly and equitably.
We are committed to lifelong learning, personal accountability, and collaboration to ensure our best contribution to this community.
We are responsible for our community's human, environmental and financial resources.
Here are some of the things paid for with your tax dollars:
- Snowplowing of 135 miles of city streets
- Street sweeping of all city streets at least four times a year
- 24-hour police and fire protection
- Regular mowing of 550 acres of park lawns
- Inspections of apartment and commercial buildings for structural safety
- Diseased tree removal and tree planting on public property
- Routine maintenance of 10,000 public property trees
- Team sports programs for adults and youth
- Environmental education programs for youth and adults
- Administration of garbage, recycling and yard waste collection
- Inspections of restaurants and grocery stores for food safety
- Maintenance of nine miles of paved park trails
- Periodic repair of city sidewalks and curbs
- Periodic seal coating of city streets
- Maintenance of the Rec Center's indoor ice rinks and outdoor aquatic park
- Maintenance of 2,500 streetlights and 9,500 traffic control signs
- Flooding and resurfacing of 9 outdoor ice rinks
- Administration of zoning control laws and long-range redevelopment plans