Building Materials Donation Days
- Date: September 14, 2019 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Location: Municipal Service Center - MSC
7305 Oxford St.
St. Louis Park, Minnesota 55426
Have extra materials from your latest building or remodeling project? Maybe you have leftover tile or hardware you don’t need but can’t return to the store? Or, maybe you removed old cabinets, but they are still in good condition. Don’t throw them out!
This event will be an opportunity to donate usable building materials to two local nonprofits that specialize in the reuse and resale of usable building materials. Better Futures Minnesota and Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity ReStore will be onsite during the event to vet all materials for quality and potential for resale. Our partners reserve the right to refuse unusable materials. All items deemed acceptable will be taken for free.
Days for the event will be Friday, Sept. 13, 4:30 - 6:30 p.m., and Saturday, Sept. 14, 9 - 11 a.m.
Used items in good condition will be accepted unless otherwise noted.
- Cabinetry - bath vanities, kitchen cabinets, cabinet doors
- Countertops - laminate and stone (straight sections only; no peeling, deep scratches, burn marks or excessive caulking)
- Doors - interior (solid wood, no hollow core) and exterior (metal)
- Flooring - hardwood (new and used) and laminate (new only)
- Grout, mudding – new, unopened containers only
- Hardware – handles, pulls, hinges
- Light fixtures – no shiny brass
- Lumber – 4 foot minimum length
- Nails, screws – no rust, in original box/container (no jars or glass)
- Plumbing fixtures – faucets
- Tile – new only, full boxes
- Tools – electric (corded or battery powered), hand (screw drivers, wrenches, hand saws, hammers, etc.) and yard (rakes, shovels, etc.)
- Windows – unbroken only
Items NOT accepted
- Paint, stain, varnish, solvents
- Mercury thermostats
- Recyclables (cardboard, glass, metal, paper, plastic, etc.)
- Roofing shingles
This event is open to residents of the cities of St. Louis Park, Edina, Golden Valley and Hopkins.
If you have questions about the event, contact Emily Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.924.2187.