Health in the Park Fair
- Date: February 22, 2020 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Location: St. Louis Park Middle School
2025 Texas Ave.
St. Louis Park, Minnesota 55426
Health in the Park is a free event for all ages to learn about physical and mental wellbeing and what resources are available in St. Louis Park. Local organizations will be present to share information and offer free physical activity classes. Westwood Hills Nature Center will offer free snowshoeing. There will also be speakers on a variety of topics.
- 11:30 a.m. – Yoga for every body (Instructor: Rachel Holdgrafer)
- Noon – 305 fitness/cardio dance (Instructor: Aliva Tison)
- 1:30 p.m. – Zumba (Instructor: Katherine McGraw)
- 2 p.m. – Intro to qigong (Instructor: Deborah Heltzer)
20-minute classes for kids
- 12:30 p.m. – Kids yoga (grades 1 – 5)
- 1 p.m. – Kids yoga (ages 3 – 6)
- 1:30 p.m. – Intro to mindfulness for kids (grades 1 – 5)
- 11:30 a.m. – The effects of stress on wellbeing (Speaker: Kimberly Rittmaster)
- Noon – Relationship survival with toolkit (Spearker: Ryan Plasch, MS)
- 1 p.m. – Preventing postpartum depression (Speaker: Allison Greenwald, MSW, LICSW)
- 2 p.m. – The voice of invisible hunger (Speaker: Victoria Martinez)
- 2:30 p.m. – Introduction to mindfulness for parents: resources for a mindful family (Speaker: Heather Wirch)