The City of St. Louis Park is committed to providing assistance to businesses and helping them succeed.
Support for business owners during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
The city has put together a list of resources to help employers prepare themselves and their workforce amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Visit the coronavirus response and resources page for a complete list or resources (under the business and employee resources tab).
Small business liaison
The city's small business liaison can assist and be a resource to anyone thinking about starting, expanding or relocating a business in St. Louis Park. The liaison can:
- Explain and help navigate the city approval process effectively and efficiently, so you avoid expensive surprises or delays
- Assist in communicating with city departments
- Answer questions regarding city policies and programs, processes, permits, services and licensing
- Search available properties
- Provide contact information for additional helpful resources
Contact: Julie Grove, 952.924.2523, email@example.com
Open to Business program
Free business counseling available
Looking to start or grow a business? The city’s Open to Business program offers free, one-on-one, confidential business consulting to help entrepreneurs through the process. This program provides small business owners with access to the technical assistance and financing options they need to succeed. Contact Rob Smolund, Open to Business advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a video meeting to discuss your business venture.
Regulatory solutions consultant
If you are unfamiliar with the government approval process, need help completing required applications or lack the time to go through the process yourself, the city’s regulatory solutions consultant can help.
The consultant can:
- Assist in obtaining city licenses, permits or zoning approvals
- Complete city applications
- Attend meetings with city officials on your behalf
- Advocate for your approvals
The city will pay for up to two hours of consulting services.
Contact: Donna Sanders, JBS Business Solutions, 612.703.4092
Advancing equity is a priority in St. Louis Park. In 2010, the City Council adopted a resolution supporting minority-owned business, women’s business enterprises and small business. The city will provide information and support to these businesses, and encourage contracting, professional services and purchasing with them.
Learn more about the city's efforts to advance race equity.