2017 Municipal State Aid Project - Texas Avenueupdated: Thursday, May 25, 2017
Construction Update May 25, 2017
Texas Avenue - Minnetonka Boulevard to 33rd Street
- The city's contractor (Park Construction) is tentatively scheduled to begin removing existing pavement, concrete sidewalk and driveways between 3036 Texas Avenue and just north of 33rd Street the week of May 30.
- Residents should expect limited driveway access for a brief period while Park Construction constructs temporary gravel driveways for each property. Residents will be notified in advance of this work and can contact Mike Kriesel, the city's project coordinator, with questions or concerns regarding access. His contact information is at the bottom of this article.
- After existing pavement has been removed, Park Construction will begin constructing new water services and hydrants at select locations.
- CenterPoint Energy and their contractor Minnesota Limited will continue to install the new 24" gas main. The gas main work from 31st Street to 33rd Street is expected to be complete by the end of May.
Texas Avenue - 33rd Street to 36th Street
- CenterPoint Energy and their contractor (Minnesota Limited) will continue to install their new 24" gas main the week of May 29.
Texas Avenue - 36th Street to Highway 7
- Park Construction will perform existing concrete curb and driveway removals along the west side of Texas Avenue between 36th Street and 37th Street. Access will be maintained into Cub Foods.
- CenterPoint Energy and Minnesota Limited will continue to install gas facilities at the intersection of Texas Avenue and 36th Street. Gas facility installation in the intersection is tentatively scheduled to be complete the week of June 12.
Texas Avenue and W. 36th Street intersection closure begins May 15
CenterPoint Energy will need to close the intersection of Texas Avenue and W. 36th Street beginning May 15 for 30 days, weather permitting. Due to the amount of infrastructure which needs to be installed within the intersection, CenterPoint Energy is unable to keep the intersection open to traffic. Please follow the detour signs to find your destination.
There are a number of Metro Transit buses that currently travel through this intersection. In order to ensure that the residents who rely on the buses can have reliable bus service, Metro Transit needs to shift the bus route to Sumter Avenue between Walker Street and W. 37th Street for the duration of this intersection closure.
Buses will be traveling on Sumter Avenue between Walker Street and W. 37th Street beginning May 15. Please note: To provide adequate room for buses traveling on Sumter, parking will be restricted to one side of the street. Temporary “No parking” signs will be installed on the west side of Sumter Avenue between Walker Street and W. 37th Street during the intersection closure. Please see the attached map.
If you have questions regarding the work being completed by CenterPoint Energy or the revised bus route, please call their representatives at the contact information below:
Please contact Joe Shamla at 952.924.2552 or email@example.com with questions or concerns you may have regarding these improvements.
Texas Avenue between Minnetonka Boulevardand W. 36th Street will be closed to through traffic through November 2017. The detour for Texas Avenue is Louisiana Avenue.
This closure is required for reconstruction of CenterPoint Energy's 24-inch gas main. Once CenterPoint has completed enough of its work to allow space for the city's contractor, the city will begin reconstruction of Texas Avenue.
Vehicle traffic will be detoured to Louisiana Avenue. The Metro Transit bus route that uses Texas Avenue will be moved to Sumter Avenue for the duration of the closure. Any questions about relocation of bus stops can be directed to Kevin Martin with Metro Transit at 612.418.2735 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metro Transit temporary bus locations map
May 2017 Texas Avenue Newsletter
Sumter Avenue Temporary Metro Transit Bus Route letter
Open House #3 Presentation
2017 Texas Avenue Reconstruction Project Map
Texas Avenue Project 10.17.16 Public Hearing letter
Texas Avenue Project Layout Concept 1
Texas Avenue Project Layout Concept 2
Texas Avenue Project 9.14.16 Meeting Presentation
Texas Avenue Project 9.14.16 Public Meeting letter
2017 MSA Street Rehabilitation Map
Texas Avenue Project 7.20.16 Presentation
Texas Avenue Project 7.7.16 Open House letter
Texas Avenue Project survey crew in area letter 6.8.16
Joe Shamla | Senior Engineering Project Manager
City Hall | 5005 Minnetonka Blvd. | St. Louis Park, MN 55416
P: 952.924.2552 | email@example.com
Project Coordinator | Kimley-Horn