4800Excelsiorupdated: Thursday, April 20, 2017
Location: 4760 and 4900 Excelsior Blvd.
Description: 4800Excelsior will be a six-story, mixed-use building. It includes 164 apartments and Fresh Thyme grocery and liquor stores occupying 28,228 square feet of the ground floor, and three levels of structured parking. The $48 million development will result in the creation of over 85 new jobs and will include 18 apartment units that will be affordable to households earning up to 60 percent of the area median income.
Owner: 4900 Excelsior Apartments LLC (Weidner Apartment Homes)
- Construction Activity Update from the Contractor (periodically updated)
- The city allows construction Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., and weekends and holidays from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- The contractor intends to maintain temporary scaffolding over the sidewalk along Excelsior Boulevard through most of the construction to provide protection for pedestrians. Other sidewalks adjacent to the site will close during construction.
- The building construction will be substantially complete in July 2017.
Public Art: Lisa Elias of Elias Metal Studio was commissioned to create a sculptural wall relief and bike racks on the south side of the 4800Excelsior building. The work is expected to be installed in early August.
Background Information: The City Council approved the final plat and the Final PUD to allow redevelopment of the former Bally Total Fitness site on December 14, 2015. City Council also authorized tax increment financing and a land sale associated with the development on November 16, 2015 and the City sold the property in December 2015. Below are link to reports, meeting minutes and studies completed during the development review process.
- City Council Staff Report December 7, 2015 (Final Plat and Final PUD approved.)
- City Council Staff Report November 16, 2015 (TIF request approved. Final Plat and PUD continued to Dec. 7, 2015)
- City Council Meeting Minutes September 8, 2015
- City Council Staff Report September 8, 2015
- City Council Special Study Session Report August 17, 2015
- City Council Study Session Minutes June 8, 2015
- City Council Study Session Staff Report June 8, 2015
- City Council Meeting Minutes May 18, 2015
- City Council Staff Report May 18, 2015
- Planning Commission Meeting Minutes April 15, 2015
- Planning Commission Staff Report April 15, 2015
- Traffic Study (based on 183 units and 29,878 sq. ft. grocery/liquor)