This self-guided tour features six homes representing a variety of remodeling and expansion projects. Participants can see hands-on examples of home remodeling projects, speak with the owners and learn more about the city’s home improvement programs. Homeowners will be receiving a mailing with map and locations. For more information about remodeling...
updated: Friday, April 28, 2017
June 13, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Fire Station #1, 3750 Wooddale Ave. S.
Displays and demonstrations
• Kitchen safety
• Fire extinguisher demo
• Burn rooms/fire sprinkler demo
• Emergency preparedness
• Older adult safety
• HCMC ambulance
• Hands-only CPR
• Police squad car
• Public works heavy equipment
• Minnesota Safety Council
• City departments
• North Memorial Helicopter (if available)
• Sparky the Fire Dog
• Squirt house
• Take pictures of your kids in
“kid-sized” fire gear
• Hotdogs, cookies, chips, popcorn, fruit drink, water
Please bring non-perishable food items for STEP.
updated: Monday, March 27, 2017
The City of St. Louis Park will host Ecotacular as part of the annual Parktacular event on Saturday, June 17 from 2 - 6 p.m. in Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive.
Come enjoy environmentally friendly activities and demonstrations! Fun for all ages including:
- Ask an arborist info booth
- Fix-it demonstrations
- Repurposed materials crafting
- Honeybee hive and pollinator facts
- Electric vehicle
- St. Louis Park Energy Action Plan
updated: Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Rock the ROC Friday at the ROC with The Dweebs - free with button!
- Free Saturday concert with Jonah and the Whales
- Back to the 50's dinner/dance Thursday with Elvis impersonator
- Grand Day Parade
- Inflatable attractions and Kidtacular family activities
- Parktacular Expo
Check out the schedule of events and much more at parktacular.org!
St. Louis Park Spring Cleanup
Saturday, June 10, 2017
8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Municipal Service Center
7305 Oxford St., St. Louis Park
Cash or checks only. See fee information below.
- Fee questions: call Waste Management at 763.783.5423
- General event questions: call Public Works at 952.924.2562
- This annual event is for St. Louis Park residents only, personal identification will be required. No business waste accepted.
Items collected for a charge:
Charged by item
- Box/Tube TV's* and CRT Monitors* ≤25 inches $40, ≥26 inches $60 (Note: Hennepin County drop-off facilities charge $10 per TV/Monitor; limit five per year).
- Tires* $6 (on rim $8)
- Mattresses and box springs (any size) $20
- Appliances* and microwaves $15
- Stuffed chairs, sofas, sectionals $15 - $40
Items without individual fees are charged by volume ($12-$36)
- Large trash items - Broken/unusable items including: chairs, tables, lawn/patio furniture, toys, storage containers. Smaller trash items should be placed in your curbside garbage cart.
- Remodeling debris, scrap wood
Items collected for free:
- Bicycles in any condition.
- Holiday lights and extension cords.
- Desktop towers,* laptops,* notebooks,* flat panel monitors,* printers, keyboards.
- Flatscreen TVs,* VCR/DVD players, stereos.
- Mobile devices - Cell phones, tablets,* MP3 players, cords and chargers.
- Scrap metal – Grills, steel shelving, bed frames, gutters, etc. Lawn mowers and snow blowers must be drained of all fluids.
- Paper for shredding – Limit five grocery-sized bags per vehicle. Shredded paper will be recycled.
- Fluorescent bulbs* – Limit 10 bulbs per vehicle (including compact fluorescent lights, U-tube and circular fluorescent tubes, bug zappers, black lights, germicidal bulbs, high output bulbs and cold-cathode fluorescent bulbs). Must be intact/unbroken for proper disposal.
- Textiles – Clean and dry items only. All clothing (usable, torn, stained) including coats, shoes, linens, towels, fabric scraps.
- Household goods for reuse - Dishes, cookware, small countertop appliances, collectables, toys and small furniture (end tables, coffee tables, shelves, pictures, lamps). All items must be in good working condition.
*These items are illegal to throw in the garbage. For proper disposal of these items, as well as items not accepted at this event (see below), visit hennepin.us/greendisposalguide or call 612.348.3777.
DO NOT bring business waste, tree debris, yard waste, garbage, recyclables, batteries, paint, hazardous waste or concrete.
Household hazardous waste should be brought to Hennepin County’s event at the St. Louis Park Middle School, June 9 and 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please visit www.hennepin.us/dropoffs or call 612.348.3777 for more information.
Can't make the event? Many items accepted at the Cleanup events are accepted year-round at other locations in the metro area. Visit the Hennepin County Green Disposal Guide for information.
- Wait times - Reduce your wait time and vehicle load fees by coordinating with your neighbors or friends to load up one vehicle to deliver items to the Fall Clean-Up.
- Safety - For your safety, we ask that you do not walk or bike in with your materials for drop-off.
- Donations and reuse - More donation opportunities are outlined in this helpful Donation Opportunities brochure.
The city holds two Cleanup Day events each year in June and September. The next event will be Saturday, September 23, 2017.
updated: Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Louisiana Oaks Park Building, 3500 Louisiana Ave. S.
The Twin Cities FM Amateur Radio Club will be participating in the National Emergency Radio Exercise sponsored by the American Radio Relay League. During this 24-hour event, thousands of radio contacts will be made throughout the United States and Canada. Stop by and see emergency communication in action.
Sa – Su June 24, 1 p.m. to June 25, 1 p.m.
Free; no registration required.
updated: Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Aquila Park, 3110 Xylon Ave. S.
Concessions, vendors and live music!
Stevie and the Table Rockers 7 – 9:30 p.m.
Fireworks 10 p.m.
Although leashed dogs are allowed in our parks, we strongly discourage them from attending due to their hearing sensitivity. Rain date is July 5.
updated: Friday, April 14, 2017
Veterans' Memorial Amphitheater
Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive
Our Town Sings! returns for its second summer of concerts and community sings! Friends of the Arts will host renowned artists to perform and lead in group singing to celebrate our communities’ diversity and unity. In the event of inclement weather, concerts may be held at the ROC. Call 952.924.2567 for concert status. All are welcome!
Food trucks 6 p.m., concerts 7 p.m.
June 20 - The Twin Cities Community Gospel Choir
June 27 - The Give Get Sistet
July 11 - The Somali Museum of Minnesota
July 18 - St. Louis Park Unity Sing featuring the Westminster Justice Choir
July 25 - Mark Bloom’s Markavanah with the Hurst Family Experience
For more information, visit www.slpfota.org.
updated: Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Auditions: Wolfe Park Building, 3700 Monterey Drive
Have a special talent you want to show the St. Louis Park Community? The Park Theater will be holding auditions for the Community Talent show that will be held Wed., August 16 at Veterans’ Memorial Amphitheater in Wolfe Park. Questions or inquiries should be directed to The Park Theater Company at 952.928.6422.
Tuesday, Aug. 1, 6 – 8 p.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 16, 7 – 8:30 p.m.
updated: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
St. Louis Park Recreation, Creative Kidstuff and The Shops at West End bring you a variety of fun kids entertainment. Bring a blanket and enjoy some summertime tunes. Performances are not covered; shades, hat or umbrella recommended. In the event of inclement weather, call 952.924.2567 for concert status. Enter to win a summer prize pack that will...
updated: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
In addition to our Summer Concert Series, we’re opening the Veterans’ Memorial Amphitheater to local artists and groups who are looking for an opportunity to get their name out there and perform for the public. Bring a blanket, lawn chairs, some dinner or snacks and enjoy musical entertainment in the park! In the event of inclement weather...
updated: Wednesday, April 05, 2017
SLP Rotary Club Summer Concert Series
The St. Louis Park Operations and Recreation Department is partnering with the St. Louis Park Rotary Club to bring you the summer concert series. All performances are free and filled with amazing talent! In the event of inclement weather, call 952.924.2567 for concert status.
|W||June 14||7 – 7:45 p.m.||Kid Power with Rachael||Kids & Family||Oak Hill Park, 3201 Rhode Island Ave. S.|
|F||June 16||6 – 11 p.m.||The Dweebs - Parktacular
$5.00 at door or free with 2017 Parktacular button
|Variety Rock||ROC, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|Sa||June 17||7 – 10 p.m.||Jonah and the Whales - Parktacular||Rock, Techno, Pop||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||June 21||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Dixieland Pickup Band||Dixie||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||June 28||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Pan-handlers||Steel Drum Band||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|Tu||July 4||7 – 9:30 p.m.||Stevie and the Table Rockers||Rock||Aquila Park, 3110 Xylon Ave. S.|
|W||July 5||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Jeff Dayton||Nashville Country and Variety||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||July 12||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Blue Groove||Bluegrass||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||July 19||7 – 8:30 p.m.||The Tuxedo Band||50's, 60's Rock and Roll||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||July 26||7 – 8:30 p.m.||St. Louis Park Community Band||Concert Band||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|Sa||July 29||6:30 – 9:30 p.m.||Summer of Love - Kevin Odegard & Friends||Variety of Artists||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||Aug. 2||7 – 8:30 p.m.||MPLS Commadors||Barbershop Chorus||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||Aug. 9||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Sound Exchange||Acapella||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||Aug. 16||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Community Talent Show||Variety||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|Sa||Aug. 19||6 – 9:30 p.m.||Dan Israel & Friends||Folk||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
Bring a non-perishable food donation for the St. Louis Park STEP food shelf and pool entrance is just $1. All season pass holders who bring a food donation will receive a coupon for one free small fountain beverage choice at the concession stand. Cash donations will also be accepted for STEP. The concession stand will feature last day specials.
Su, Aug. 27, 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.