Each year, Neighborhood Watch block captains throughout St. Louis Park organize block parties to organize block parties to celebrate National Night Out, and neighborhood associations organize larger events throughout the city.
This year, National Night Out will occur on Tuesday, August 2. You do not need to be a block captain to organize a National Night Out event for your neighbors. Registration information was mailed to block captains in June.
Tuesday, August 2
Neighborhoods throughout St. Louis Park.
updated: Thursday, March 03, 2016
Wolfe Park Building, 3700 Monterey Drive
Have a special talent you want to show the St. Louis Park Community? The Park Theater will be holding auditions for the Community Talent show that will be held in August at The Veterans’ Memorial Amphitheater in Wolfe Park. Questions or inquiries should be directed to The Park Theater Company at 952.928.6422.
Tuesday, Aug. 2, 6 - 8 p.m.
Community Talent Show
Wednesday, Aug. 17, 7 - 8:30 p.m.
updated: Tuesday, July 19, 2016
St. Louis Park Recreation is partnering with Creative Kidstuff and The Shops at West End to bring you a variety of fun kids’ entertainment. Bring a snack, blanket and your dancing shoes and enjoy some summertime tunes. Performances are held in a non-covered area; shades, hat or umbrella is recommended. In the event of inclement weather, call...
updated: Wednesday, May 11, 2016
SLP Rotary Club Summer Concert Series
The St. Louis Park Operations and Recreation Department is partnering with the St. Louis Park Rotary Club to bring you the summer concert series. All performances are free and filled with amazing talent! In the event of inclement weather, call 952.924.2567 for concert status.
|W||June 15||7 – 7:45 p.m.||The Bazillions||Kids & Family||Oak Hill Park, 3201 Rhode Island Ave. S.|
|F||June 17||6:30 – 11 p.m.||Chase & Ovation - Free with Parktacular button||Prince Tribute Band||Excelsior & Grand Town Green|
|Sa||June 18||7 – 10 p.m.||Shane Martin Band at Parktacular||Country Rock||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||June 22||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Tim Mahoney||Pop/Rock||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||June 29||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Sweet Colleens||Irish Folk||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|M||July 4||7:30 – 11 p.m.||The Tuxedo Band||Classic/Contemporary Rock||Aquila Park, 3110 Xylon Ave. S.|
|W||July 6||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Lee Engle & Friends||Jazz/Swing||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||July 13||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Free and Easy Band||Pop Rock||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||July 20||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Salsabrosa||Salsa||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|Sa||July 23||7 – 9 p.m.||Jeff Dayton Band||Nashville Country and Variety||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||July 27||7 – 8:30 p.m.||SLP Community Band||Band||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||Aug. 3||7 – 8:30 p.m.||On the Air||60’s – Present Rock||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|Sa||Aug. 6||7 – 9 p.m.||Dan Israel & Friends||Folk||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||Aug. 10||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Pan-handlers||Steel Drum||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
|W||Aug. 17||7 – 8:30 p.m.||Community Talent Show||Variety||Wolfe Park, 3700 Monterey Drive|
updated: Friday, July 22, 2016
Fare For All is a cooperative food purchasing program that sells groceries at discounted prices and is open to anyone and everyone. There is no pre-registration and many forms of payment are accepted.
Wednesdays, Aug. 17, Sept. 21, Oct. 19, Nov. 16, Dec. 14
4 – 6 p.m.
updated: Thursday, June 23, 2016
In addition to our Summer Concert Series, we’re opening the Veterans’ Memorial Amphitheater to local artists and groups who are looking for an opportunity to get their name out there and perform for the public. Bring a blanket, lawn chair, some dinner or snacks and enjoy fun musical entertainment in the park! Band/Performers are subject...
Bring a non-perishable food donation for the St. Louis Park STEP food shelf and pool entrance is just $1. All season pass holders who bring a food donation will receive a coupon for one free small fountain beverage choice at the concession stand. Cash donations will also be accepted for STEP. The concession stand will feature last day specials.
Su, Aug. 28, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
updated: Wednesday, July 06, 2016
The primary purpose of St. Louis Park Police Department’s Crime Prevention Fund is to assist our department in preventing crime and providing reward funds. The fund also supports National Night Out, Neighborhood Watch Programs, our Chaplain Program, Citizen’s Academy and many other initiatives that provide support for safety awareness to...
The Annual Fall Clean-Up Day will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, September 24, 2016 at the St. Louis Park Municipal Service Center, 7305 Oxford St. The event is for St. Louis Park residents only, personal identification will be required.
Items collected for a charge:
- Bulky items - Broken, stained, or unusable furniture, toys, remodeling supplies, wood, equipment, etc.
- Appliances and microwaves.
- Electronics - CRT Monitors, Box/Tube TV's (these will be charged based on size).
- Mattresses and box springs.
See the price list or call Waste Management at 763.783.5423 for fee information. Cash or checks only.
Items collected for free:
- Bicycles in any condition.
- Electronics – Printers, computer towers, laptops, notebooks, cell phones, VCR/DVD players, stereos. EXCLUDES CRT Monitors, Box/Tube TV's, which are accepted for a fee.
- Items for donation - Gently used household items. No upholstered furniture.
- Textiles – Clean and dry items only. Torn and worn clothes, shoes (pairs only), linens, towels, fabric scraps.
- Scrap metal – Grills, steel shelving, bed frames, gutters, etc. Lawn mowers and snow blowers must be drained of all fluids.
- Paper shredding – Limit three grocery-sized bags per vehicle. Shredded paper will be recycled.
- Fluorescent bulbs – Limit 10 bulbs per vehicle (including compact fluorescent lights, U-tube and circline fluorescent tubes, bug zappers, black lights, germicidal bulbs, high output bulbs and cold-cathode fluorescent bulbs). Must be intact/unbroken for proper disposal.
DO NOT bring tree debris, yard waste, garbage, recyclables, batteries, paint, hazardous waste or concrete. Household hazardous waste (HHW) can be brought to Hennepin County's drop-off facilities or to the HHW collection event all summer long in Minneapolis. Visit www.hennepin.us/dropoffs or call 612.348.3777 for locations and information.
- Reduce your wait time and vehicle load fees by coordinating with your neighbors or friends to load up one vehicle to deliver items to the Fall Clean-Up.
- For your safety, we ask that you do not walk or bike in with your materials for drop-off.
- Many items accepted at the Clean-Up events are accepted year-round at other locations in the metro area. Visit the Hennepin County Green Disposal Guide for information.
- Additional donation opportunities are outlined in this helpful Donation Opportunities brochure.
The Clean-Up Day is sponsored by Waste Management and the City of St. Louis Park and is provided as a lower-cost alternative to home pick up. The city holds two Clean-Up Day events each year, in June and September. Call Public Works at 952.924.2562 for more information.
updated: Tuesday, July 05, 2016
Sewing machine won’t sew? Toaster won’t toast? Toy helicopter won’t fly? Don’t throw it out! Bring your broken household goods and clothing in need of repair to a Hennepin County Fix-It Clinic to get free guided assistance from volunteers to help you disassemble, troubleshoot and possibly repair your...