The City Charter is basically the city’s constitution. It was first adopted by the City Council in 1954.
The charter is published online as a convenience to citizens and the business community. Although every effort is made to make sure materials published online are accurate, the official edition of the City Charter is maintained by the City Clerk. The City Council may have made amendments, additions or deletions to the charter that haven’t yet been added to the online version. Please use the link below to view the charter.