The St. Louis Park City Code is the set of rules or ordinances of the City of St. Louis Park. It is published online as a convenience to citizens and the business community. Although every effort is made to make sure materials published online are accurate, the official edition of the city code is maintained by the city clerk. The city council may have made amendments, additions or deletions to the city code that haven’t yet been added to the online version. Use the links below to view the code.
Information related to zoning, including the zoning code, chapter 36, is listed below the city code sections. For questions related to zoning, please call community development at 952.924.2575. Building-related questions can be directed to the inspections department at 952.924.2588.
- Table of contents (updated 12-18)
- Code index
- Chapter 1 - General provisions
- Chapter 2 - Administration (updated 07-19)
- Chapter 3 - Alcoholic beverages
- Chapter 4 - Animals
- Chapter 5 - Domestic partnership
- Chapter 6 - Buildings and building regulations
- Chapter 7 - Affordable housing
- Chapter 8 - Businesses and licenses (updated 09-18)
- Chapter 10 - Elections (updated 12-18)
- Chapter 12 - Environment and public health (updated 08-17)
- Chapter 14 - Fire prevention and protection
- Chapter 15 - Gambling
- Chapter 16 - Law enforcement
- Chapter 18 - Offenses and miscellaneous provisions
- Chapter 20 - Parks and rec (updated 08-17)
- Chapter 21 - Planning
- Chapter 22 - Solid waste management (updated 03-18)
- Chapter 24 - Streets, sidewalk and other public places (updated 07-19)
- Chapter 26 - Subdivisions (updated 08-17)
- Chapter 28 - Telecommunications (updated 08-17)
- Chapter 30 - Traffic and vehicles (updated 07-19)
- Chapter 32 - Utilities (updated 08-17)
- Chapter 34 - Vegetation
- Chapter 36 - Zoning ordinance
- Appendix A - Fee schedule (2019)
The city code sections above are updated through Ordinance No. 2559-19, adopted on May 6, 2019.
The city code is updated biannually. The next update is scheduled to occur in July, 2019.
Recently adopted ordinances not included in city code
- Ordinance No. 2561-19, adopted June 17, 2019
To view the content of the ordinances listed above, please visit our Laserfiche Weblink document repository.
Frequently viewed sections
- Peddlers, solicitors, and transient merchants (see Sections 8-571 to 8-579)
- Noise, noise pollution and vibration (see Sections 12-121 to 12-132)
- Rental housing and crime free/drug free requirements (see Sections 8-326 to 8-336)