Latest construction updates
Bridgewater Bank has approvals to construct a four-story, 84,000-square-foot office building with a 7,000-square-foot bank branch, 7,000 square feet of commercial space and three levels of structured parking. The first floor will include Bridgewater Bank's customer branch and retail space. The second, third and fourth floors will include the bank's executive offices and opportunities for co-working entrepreneurial space. The are also plans for a plaza at the corner of Excelsior Boulevard and Monterey Drive with outdoor seating, space for public art and landscaping. On July 16, 2019 city council approved and amendment to allow a 5,500-square-foot restaurant on the first floor of the development.
A traffic study was conducted in the project area to evaluate the potential traffic impacts of the new development. The complete study reviews the existing traffic in the area, evaluates traffic impacts to the adjacent roadway network and recommends any necessary improvements to accommodate the proposed development.
- July 16, 2019 — City council adopted an ordinance amending the planned unit development to allow a 5,500-square-foot restaurant on the first floor of the building.
- June 17,2019 — City council approved the first reading of the ordinance amending the PUD.
- June 5, 2019 — Planning commission held a public hearing and recommended approval of a PUD amendment.
- June 5, 2019 — Planning commission will hold a public hearing at 6 p.m. to review the proposed changes to the size of an allowed restaurant.
- June 4, 2018 — The city council approved the second reading of the preliminary and final planned unit development (PUD) ordinance.
- May 21, 2018 — The city council reviewed the applications for a preliminary and final plat and preliminary and final planned unit development. The council approved the preliminary and final plat, and approved the first reading of the preliminary and final PUD ordinance.
- May 2, 2018 — The planning commission held a public hearing for the proposed development and voted 6-1 to recommend approval of the preliminary and final plat and preliminary and final planned unit development.
- March 19, 2018 — The city council discussed the traffic study during a study session.
- Feb. 15, 2018 — A neighborhood meeting was held at City Hall.
- Jan. 8, 2017 — The city council discussed a preliminary development proposal during a study session.