The St. Louis Park Economic Development Authority (EDA) approved a purchase and redevelopment contract with SLP Park Ventures, LLC. This contract authorizes the EDA to sell vacated right of way to the developer, and this land will be included in the final project area.
The city has approved an application for a plat and planned unit development (PUD) to construct a five-story, 137-unit apartment building and a six-story, 100-room hotel. This project features extensive outdoor amenity space for both residents and visitors. The apartment building will include 15 affordable housing units, and both buildings will comply with the city's Green Building Policy.
- March 19, 2018 — City council held a second reading on the vacation ordinance and PUD ordinance, both ordinances were approved.
- March 5, 2018 — City council approved the final plat and held a first reading on a vacation ordinance and PUD ordinance.
- Oct. 16, 2017 — City council passed resolutions approving the preliminary plat and preliminary PUD with conditions.
- Oct. 4, 2017 — A second public hearing was held by the planning commission. At this time the commission recommended approval of the preliminary plat and preliminary PUD with conditions.
- June 21, 2017 — A public hearing was held by the planning commission. At this time the public hearing was left open.
- June 14, 2017 — An informational neighborhood meeting was held.