- The school district withdrew an application for a conditional use permit (CUP) to reconstruct the track and field due to increased project costs. The other phases of the renovations at the high school are unaffected.
- Phase one of the project will begin in summer 2020, with later additions occurring in summer 2021.
Track and field reconstruction (withdrawn)
The school district applied for a conditional use permit (CUP) application for the reconstruction of the track and central field at the high school. A CUP is needed when a project will infill or export over 400 cubic yards of material to/from the site.
The city approved a CUP application from St. Louis Park Public Schools for renovations at the high school. The project includes interior renovations, improvements to bus and vehicular parking, and a new front office entry canopy.
Educational institutions in the R-2 zoning district, where the high school is located, require a conditional use permit for new construction or major renovations.
- Feb. 6, 2020 - The school district held a neighborhood meeting on the track reconstruction project at the high school cafeteria.
- Nov. 5, 2018 — City council voted to approve the CUP application.
- Oct. 3, 2018 — Planning commission held a public hearing and recommended approval of the application.
- Sept. 20, 2018 — The school district held a neighborhood meeting in the high school cafeteria.