The Block is a full-service restaurant with intoxicating liquor proposed to be located at 7007 Walker St. (previously addressed as 7008 Hwy. 7). The menu consists of burgers, flatbreads, salads, sandwiches, brain bowls and brunch items. The building expansion will include a 112-seat dining room and a 50-seat patio on the Walker Street side of the property.
Construction is anticipated to begin early 2019.
- Sept. 25, 2018 — Neighborhood meeting was held at the Perspectives building.
- Oct. 3, 2018 — Public hearing was conducted. The planning commission recommended approval.
- Nov. 5, 2018 — City council voted to approve the conditional use permit and variance.
Resources and documents
- Neighborhood meeting flyer (Sept. 25 meeting)
- Site plan
- Building elevations
- Parking plan
- Owners of Stanley's and Pub 819 opening new dog-friendly pub in St. Louis Park (Star Tribune, Nov. 13, 2018)