The project is currently under construction. It is anticipated the addition would be completed in time for the start of the 2019/2020 school year.
The Yeshiva is proposing to construct an addition that includes a gymnasium, additional classrooms, student housing and offices. Under this proposal, students living at the school would be increased from 50 to 200. The proposal requires the following applications:
- Comprehensive plan amendment to change the land use designation of the property currently occupied by a single-family house located at the southwest corner of 31st Street West and Natchez Avenue.
- Rezoning of the properties from R-3 two-family residence to R-4 multiple-family residence.
- Lot combination to combine the Yeshiva property with the property located at the southwest corner of 31st Street West and Natchez Avenue.
- Conditional use permit amendment to expand the school
- Variance to the maximum allowed floor area ratio
- Variance to the maximum allowed ground floor area ratio
- Variance to the minimum allowed rear yard
- Oct. 10, 2018 — Neighborhood meeting was conducted.
- Oct. 17, 2018 — Public hearing by the planning commission. Planning commission recommended approval.
- Nov. 5, 2018 — City council approved the requested applications.