Aug. 20, 2019
View the map below for alley locations.
Our contractor has scheduled additional crews for Friday to complete driveway paving in one day. Weather permitting, all alleys will be substantially complete and open at the end of the day Friday, Aug.23.
- Alley B – will remain closed until the driveway paving is completed. Garbage collection will return to its regular location on Aug. 28.
- All Alleys – blacktop driveways will be readied for paving starting on Thursday. This means the gravel between the alley and your driveway will be removed leaving a drop of 1.5-2 inches to be filled with pavement. While you will NOT BE required to move vehicles to the street during this work, it is recommended that you park in the street to avoid damage to the existing blacktop edge.
All garbage collection has returned to its regular locations in these alleys.
In 2019, select alleys are scheduled for reconstruction. The alleys will be re-graded, drainage will be addressed and the new surface will be concrete.
G.L. Contracting was awarded the 2019 alley reconstruction project at the May 20, 2019 city council meeting. This is the third year G.L. has been awarded the contract.
The impacted alleys are located in the Lenox Neighborhood in the following locations:
- Between Edgewood Avenue South and Dakota Avenue South from 31st Street West to alley end
- Between Jersey Avenue South and Idaho Avenue South from 33rd Street West to 32nd Street West
- Between Edgewood Avenue South and Dakota Avenue South from 33rd Street West to 32nd Street West
- Between Dakota Avenue South and Colorado Avenue South from 33rd Street West to alley end