Nov. 12, 2019
The construction is complete for 2019 due to weather. The contractor will be back in the spring to finish any remaining items. Next summer, the city will plant trees along the boulevard.
Thank you for your patience during construction.
The City of St. Louis Park is improving Cedar Lake Road between Kentucky Avenue and Quentin Avenue. The improvements on Cedar Lake Road will be paid for using city funds; there are no proposed assessments to property owners for this project.
Specific improvements include:
- Rehabilitation of the pavement
- Installation of a bicycle facility along the corridor
- Sidewalk installation on the south side of Cedar Lake Road
- Installation of a roundabout at Zarthan Avenue
- Upgrades to the signal system at Park Place Boulevard
- Rehabilitation of the railroad crossing
- New watermain between Kentucky Avenue and Zarthan Avenue
- New LED street lights
- Oct. 1, 2018 — Public hearing
- Oct. 15, 2018 — City council meeting
Resources and documents
Maps, plans and studies
- Project staging map
- Project map - PDF
- Project map - online interactive
- Approved construction plan: Kentucky Avenue to Zarthan Avenue
- Approved construction plan: Zarthan Avenue to Quentin Avenue
- Parking study results