July 2, 2020
The contractor has been working on items that were not finished last year.
- Boulevard trees have been installed.
- If you received a new tree along Cedar Lake Road, please water your tree regularly, at least twice a week during the growing season for the next two years.
- More trees will be planted in the fall.
- If you have any questions regarding the planting of trees along Cedar Lake Road, please contact Jim Vaughan, natural resources coordinator at 952.924.2699 or email@example.com.
- Restoration of areas that did not receive sod last year was completed the week of June 8.
- Contractor has been working on landscaping of the roundabout at Zarthan Avenue.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this project.
The City of St. Louis Park has improved Cedar Lake Road between Kentucky Avenue and Quentin Avenue. The improvements on Cedar Lake Road are be paid for using city funds; there are no proposed assessments to property owners for this project.
Specific improvements include:
- Rehabilitation of the pavement
- Installation of a bicycle facility along the corridor
- Sidewalk installation on the south side of Cedar Lake Road
- Installation of a roundabout at Zarthan Avenue
- Upgrades to the signal system at Park Place Boulevard
- Rehabilitation of the railroad crossing
- New watermain between Kentucky Avenue and Zarthan Avenue
- New LED street lights
- Oct. 1, 2018 — Public hearing
- Oct. 15, 2018 — City council meeting
Resources and documents
Maps, plans and studies
- Project staging map
- Project map - PDF
- Project map - online interactive
- Approved construction plan: Kentucky Avenue to Zarthan Avenue
- Approved construction plan: Zarthan Avenue to Quentin Avenue
- Parking study results