Aug. 16, 2019
Cedar Lake Road is closed to through traffic from Kentucky Avenue to Zarthan Avenue. Follow the posted detour route during this time.
Business traffic for Edgewood Avenue is currently being detoured using Cedar Lake Road west of Edgewood Avenue. Stage 5 Business and Truck Access route outlines the detour. Please do not use Cedar Lake Road east of Edgewood Avenue.
Thank you for your patience during these closures!
View the project staging map for stage locations.
Work completed the week of Aug. 12
- Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 - Minimal work occurred in these stages this week.
- Stage 4 - The first layer of pavement was placed, and driveways ends were patched with bituminous. Resident driveway access has been restored. Crews also began installing concrete sidewalk.
- Stage 5 - Crews finished watermain installation to just west of the railroad tracks and began installing storm sewer pipe.
- Stage 6 - Private utilities continued relocating their services near the Zarthan Avenue/Cedar Lake Road intersection.
Work occurring the week of Aug. 19
Please note that all anticipated work is weather dependent and is subject to change without notice.
- Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 - Crews will paint roadway lines.
- Stage 4 - Crews will continue installing concrete sidewalk.
- Stage 5 - Storm sewer installation will continue throughout the week. Crews will also start installing watermain services from the watermain to individual homes. Streetlight base installation work will begin as well.
- Stage 6 - Private utility companies will continue relocating their services near the Zarthan Avenue/Cedar Lake Road intersection.
The City of St. Louis Park is improving Cedar Lake Road between Kentucky Avenue and Quentin Avenue. The improvements on Cedar Lake Road will be paid for using city funds; there are no proposed assessments to property owners for this project.
Specific improvements include:
- Rehabilitation of the pavement
- Installation of a bicycle facility along the corridor
- Sidewalk installation on the south side of Cedar Lake Road
- Installation of a roundabout at Zarthan Avenue
- Upgrades to the signal system at Park Place Boulevard
- Rehabilitation of the railroad crossing
- New watermain between Kentucky Avenue and Zarthan Avenue
- New LED street lights
- Oct. 1, 2018 — Public hearing
- Oct. 15, 2018 — City council meeting
Resources and documents
Maps, plans and studies
- Project staging map
- Project map - PDF
- Project map - online interactive
- Approved construction plan: Kentucky Avenue to Zarthan Avenue
- Approved construction plan: Zarthan Avenue to Quentin Avenue
- Parking study results