Oct. 11, 2019
- The Zarthan Avenue and Cedar Lake Road intersection is closed. Please follow the Stage 6 detour routes. Stage 6 will be closed until late October. Access to local businesses between Zarthan Avenue and Park Place will still be available from the Cedar Lake Road and Park Place intersection.
- Cedar Lake Road is closed to through traffic from Kentucky Avenue to Zarthan Avenue. Follow the posted detour route during this time.
- Business traffic for Edgewood Avenue is currently being detoured using Cedar Lake Road west of Edgewood Avenue. Please do not use Cedar Lake Road east of Edgewood Avenue.
Thank you for your patience during these closures!
View the project staging map for stage locations.
Work completed the week of Oct. 7
- Stage 4 - Manhole and watermain valve adjustments continued in preparation for the final pavement placement.
- Stage 5 - Concrete driveway aprons were installed, light bases were set, and sidewalk excavation continued. Sidewalk installation also continued in Stage 5.
- Stage 6 - Concrete curb, median, and sidewalk installation continued, along with streetlight base installation.
Work occurring the week of Oct. 14
Please note that all anticipated work is weather dependent and is subject to change without notice.
- Stage 4 - Crews will finish raising manholes and watermain valves in the street in preparation for the final lift of pavement on Cedar Lake Road from Edgewood Avenue to Kentucky Avenue. Weather permitting, the final layer of pavement could be installed next week.
- Stage 5 - Weather permitting, the first layer of pavement will be placed next week. Concrete sidewalk will also be placed.
- Stage 6 - Weather permitting, the first layer of pavement will be placed late in the week or early the following week. Concrete sidewalk installation will continue.
The City of St. Louis Park is improving Cedar Lake Road between Kentucky Avenue and Quentin Avenue. The improvements on Cedar Lake Road will be paid for using city funds; there are no proposed assessments to property owners for this project.
Specific improvements include:
- Rehabilitation of the pavement
- Installation of a bicycle facility along the corridor
- Sidewalk installation on the south side of Cedar Lake Road
- Installation of a roundabout at Zarthan Avenue
- Upgrades to the signal system at Park Place Boulevard
- Rehabilitation of the railroad crossing
- New watermain between Kentucky Avenue and Zarthan Avenue
- New LED street lights
- Oct. 1, 2018 — Public hearing
- Oct. 15, 2018 — City council meeting
Resources and documents
Maps, plans and studies
- Project staging map
- Project map - PDF
- Project map - online interactive
- Approved construction plan: Kentucky Avenue to Zarthan Avenue
- Approved construction plan: Zarthan Avenue to Quentin Avenue
- Parking study results