Sept. 24, 2019
View the updated Beltline Boulevard concept map.
View the updated 36th Street concept map.
The city council will hold a public hearing for the Monterey Drive/Beltline Boulevard/36th Street bikeway projects on:
Monday, Oct. 7 at 6:30 p.m.
St. Louis Park City Hall – Council Chambers, 3rd floor
5005 Minnetonka Blvd, St. Louis Park, MN 55416
View the public hearing notice.
The Monterey Drive, Beltline Boulevard and 36th Street bikeway improvements are part of the city's Connect the Park plan.
Staff began data collection and concept design in late 2018 in anticipation of the Southwest Light Rail Transit (SWLRT) construction and the Bridgewater Bank redevelopment along the corridors.
- Monterey Drive (from Excelsior Boulevard to just north of Park Commons Drive) – Rehabilitation anticipated to take place in 2020 to add on-street bike facilities to the corridor. This includes changes to the intersections at Excelsior Boulevard and Park Commons Drive.
- Monterey Drive (Park Commons Drive to the intersection of Beltline Boulevard and 36th Street) – Rehabilitation anticipated to take place in 2021 to add on-street bike facilities to the corridor. This includes changing the intersection at 36th Street and Beltline Boulevard to a roundabout.
- Beltline Boulevard (from 36th Street to Park Glen Road) – Rehabilitation anticipated to take place in 2021 to add on-street bike facilities to the corridor and connect with the SWLRT project.
- 36th Street (from Beltline Boulevard to Wooddale Avenue) – Rehabilitation anticipated to take place in 2022 to add bike facilities to the corridor. This is expected to be a combination of on-street and off-street facilities.
The city displayed concept layouts for Monterey Drive, 36th Street and Beltline Boulevard at the June 18, 2019 Fire Department Open House. This was the first time that the concepts layouts were shown to the public. An open house meeting was held on Aug. 22, 2019 at city hall with some minor refinements to the layouts. Both sets of layouts can be found in the “Resources and documents” below.
Resources and documents
- Concept layouts shown at Fire Department Open House — June 18, 2019
- Open House #1 - August 22, 2019
- Business/Property Owner Meeting - Sept. 9, 2019
- Public Hearing - Oct. 7, 2019