Nov. 7, 2019
The city council held a public hearing for the project on Oct. 7 and approved final design for these projects on Oct. 21, 2019. These projects are scheduled to be completed in stages. See the project background section for more information on construction timing.
The Monterey Drive, Beltline Boulevard and 36th Street bikeway improvements are part of the city's Connect the Park plan.
Staff began data collection and concept design in late 2018 in anticipation of the Southwest Light Rail Transit (SWLRT) construction and the Bridgewater Bank redevelopment along the corridors.
- Monterey Drive (from Excelsior Boulevard to just north of Park Commons Drive) – Rehabilitation anticipated to take place in 2020 to add on-street bike facilities to the corridor. This includes changes to the intersections at Excelsior Boulevard and Park Commons Drive.
- Monterey Drive (Park Commons Drive to the intersection of Beltline Boulevard and 36th Street) – Rehabilitation anticipated to take place in 2021 to add on-street bike facilities to the corridor. This includes changing the intersection at 36th Street and Beltline Boulevard to a roundabout.
- Beltline Boulevard (from 36th Street to Park Glen Road) – Rehabilitation anticipated to take place in 2021 to add on-street bike facilities to the corridor and connect with the SWLRT project.
- 36th Street (from Beltline Boulevard to Wooddale Avenue) – Rehabilitation anticipated to take place in 2022 to add bike facilities to the corridor. This is expected to be a combination of on-street and off-street facilities.
Resources and documents
- Concept layouts shown at Fire Department Open House — June 18, 2019
- Open house 1 — Aug. 22, 2019
- Business/property owner meeting — Sept. 9, 2019
- Public hearing — Oct. 7, 2019