Nov. 10, 2017
Metro Transit will shift the bus route from Sumter Avenue to Texas Avenue beginning at noon Friday, Nov. 10. If you have any questions regarding the bus routing, please contact Kevin Martin, Transit Supervisor for Metro Transit, at 612.418.2735 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nov. 8, 2017
We are happy to announce that Texas Avenue will be opening on Friday, Nov. 10 at noon. Thank you for your patience throughout the construction process.
The contractor will be completing this project by Friday. As with many typical road projects, punch list items will still exist after Friday. We will work with the contractor next spring to correct any remaining issues. Please contact Mike Kriesel about any issues you have so they can be added to the punch list.
For any residents who had shrubs removed during this project, the replacement shrubs will not be planted until spring. Our landscape contractor told us the shrubs will have a better chance of survival if we wait until spring to plant.
The boulevard trees and remaining bike lane symbols will also be installed in the spring.
As a reminder, residents who received new concrete steps adjacent to city sidewalks as part of the project will have railings installed within the next few weeks. Guidelines for the installation:
- If you have one step, no railing will be installed.
- If you have two or three steps, a railing will be installed on one side.
- If you have four or more steps, railings will be installed on both sides.
If you are scheduled to get a railing but do not want one installed, please let us know as soon as possible.
Texas Avenue, between Minnetonka Boulevard and W. 36th Street, will be closed to through traffic starting Tuesday, April 18. This closure is expected until November 2017.
This closure is required for reconstruction of CenterPoint Energy's 24-inch gas main. Once CenterPoint Energy has completed enough of its work to allow space for the city's contractor, the city will begin reconstruction of Texas Avenue.
Vehicle traffic will be detoured to Louisiana Avenue. The Metro Transit bus route that uses Texas Avenue will be moved to Sumter Avenue for the duration of the closure. Any questions about relocation of bus stops can be directed to Kevin Martin with Metro Transit at 612.418.2735 or email@example.com.
- Metro Transit Temporary Bus Locations Map
- Sumter Avenue Temporary Metro Transit Bus Route Letter
- Open House #3 Presentation
- 2017 Texas Avenue Reconstruction Project Map
- Texas Avenue Project 10.17.16 Public Hearing Letter
- Texas Avenue Project Layout Concept 1
- Texas Avenue Project Layout Concept 2
- Texas Avenue Project 9.14.16 Meeting Presentation
- Typical Section
- Texas Avenue Project 9.14.16 Public Meeting Letter
- 2017 MSA Street Rehabilitation Map
- Texas Avenue Project 7.20.16 Presentation
- Texas Avenue Project 7.7.16 Open House Letter
- Texas Avenue Project Survey Crew in Area Letter 6.8.16
Joe Shamla, Sr. Engineering Project Manager
Mike Kriesel, Project Coordinator