October 3, 2017
Texas Avenue - 3036 and 3037 Texas Avenue to 33rd Street
- The city and contractor are aware that some of the sod that was installed is not acceptable. The contractor will be correcting this issue prior to the city accepting their work.
- Park Construction will be placing the final layer of pavement on driveways, which only have one layer.
Texas Avenue - 33rd Street to 36th Street
- Park Construction will be removing the piles of soil. They will also be grading the soil for curb and gutter / sidewalk.
- The concrete contractor will be starting on curb and gutter / sidewalk work next week.
- Residents who have driveways on Texas Avenue will have a 7-day period when they will be unable to access their driveway from Texas Avenue. This allows the concrete to harden to the proper strength to hold a vehicle. If you have special access needs, please coordinate with Mike Kriesel.
Texas Avenue - 36th Street to Highway 7
- No work is scheduled for this area for the next two weeks.
Texas Avenue, between Minnetonka Boulevard and W. 36th Street, will be closed to through traffic starting Tuesday, April 18. This closure is expected until November 2017.
This closure is required for reconstruction of CenterPoint Energy's 24-inch gas main. Once CenterPoint Energy has completed enough of its work to allow space for the city's contractor, the city will begin reconstruction of Texas Avenue.
Vehicle traffic will be detoured to Louisiana Avenue. The Metro Transit bus route that uses Texas Avenue will be moved to Sumter Avenue for the duration of the closure. Any questions about relocation of bus stops can be directed to Kevin Martin with Metro Transit at 612.418.2735 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sumter Avenue Temporary Metro Transit Bus Route Letter
- Open House #3 Presentation
- 2017 Texas Avenue Reconstruction Project Map
- Texas Avenue Project 10.17.16 Public Hearing Letter
- Texas Avenue Project Layout Concept 1
- Texas Avenue Project Layout Concept 2
- Texas Avenue Project 9.14.16 Meeting Presentation
- Typical Section
- Texas Avenue Project 9.14.16 Public Meeting Letter
- 2017 MSA Street Rehabilitation Map
- Texas Avenue Project 7.20.16 Presentation
- Texas Avenue Project 7.7.16 Open House Letter
- Texas Avenue Project Survey Crew in Area Letter 6.8.16
Joe Shamla, Sr. Engineering Project Manager
Mike Kriesel, Project Coordinator