Construction Update: August 11, 2017
Texas Avenue - Minnetonka Boulevard to 33rd Street
- Park Construction's subcontractor, Curb Masters, will be installing concrete sidewalk and concrete steps along both sides of Texas Avenue through the end of next week. If you have more than one step from the city sidewalk to your sidewalk which connects to the city sidewalk, a metal hand railing will be installed. Please contact Mike Kriesel or Joe Shamla if you do not want a railing on your new steps.
- Park Construction is scheduled to construct bituminous roadway and driveway pavement beginning mid next week. Residents should expect limited driveway access for a brief period while paving crews lay the pavement. Contact Mike Kriesel, the city's construction representative, with questions about accommodating access needs.
- Park Construction is tentatively scheduled to install topsoil and sod beginning the end of next week. Please remember that the contractor only maintains the sod for 30 days from the date of installation. After the 30 days it is up to the homeowner to water the sod.
Texas Avenue - 33rd Street to 36th Street
- Park Construction's subcontractor, Egan Electric, will continue installing conduit for the underground street lighting system along both sides of Texas Avenue from 34th Street to 36th Street. This work is anticipated to take two weeks.
- Park Construction will be performing roadway grading activities. This work is anticipated to take two weeks. Residents may expect limited driveway access for a brief period while the Contractor grades the roadway. The contractor is obligated to maintain access to all residential driveways. Contact Mike Kriesel, the city's construction representative, with questions about accommodating access needs.
Texas Avenue - 36th Street to Highway 7
- CenterPoint Energy's contractor, Minnesota Limited, will continue to the 24" gas main between Walker Street and 37th Street. This work is anticipated to be complete by the end of next week. Texas Avenue will remain open to through traffic while this work is performed.
Texas Avenue between Minnetonka Boulevard and W. 36th Street will be closed to through traffic starting Tuesday, April 18. This closure is expected into November 2017.
This closure is required for reconstruction of CenterPoint Energy's 24-inch gas main. Once CenterPoint Energy has completed enough of its work to allow space for the city's contractor, the city will begin reconstruction of Texas Avenue.
Vehicle traffic will be detoured to Louisiana Avenue. The Metro Transit bus route that uses Texas Avenue will be moved to Sumter Avenue for the duration of the closure. Any questions about relocation of bus stops can be directed to Kevin Martin with Metro Transit at 612.418.2735 or email@example.com.
- Sumter Avenue Temporary Metro Transit Bus Route Letter
- Open House #3 Presentation
- 2017 Texas Avenue Reconstruction Project Map
- Texas Avenue Project 10.17.16 Public Hearing Letter
- Texas Avenue Project Layout Concept 1
- Texas Avenue Project Layout Concept 2
- Texas Avenue Project 9.14.16 Meeting Presentation
- Typical Section
- Texas Avenue Project 9.14.16 Public Meeting Letter
- 2017 MSA Street Rehabilitation Map
- Texas Avenue Project 7.20.16 Presentation
- Texas Avenue Project 7.7.16 Open House Letter
- Texas Avenue Project Survey Crew in Area Letter 6.8.16
Joe Shamla, Sr. Engineering Project Manager
Mike Kriesel, Project Coordinator