Feb. 4, 2020
Council decision for the 2020 Pavement Management project was held on Monday, Feb. 3.
Council voted to approve the project with two modifications to the staff recommendations.
The modifications to the staff recommendations are:
- The sidewalk segment on Basswood Road from 25th Street to France Avenue was removed from the project scope.
- Staff to evaluate enhancing the pedestrian crossing on the west side of the Basswood Road and France Avenue intersection. This includes evaluating larger pedestrian landings, tighter curb radius and shorting the pedestrian crossing.
See the Approved Project Map for information on approved sidewalks and street widths.
The agenda recap and video of the city council meeting will be posted on the city website soon: City Council Agenda & Minutes.
The city's Pavement Management Program proactively address the condition of the residential streets within the city. The program was developed in 2003 to extend pavement life and enhance system-wide performance in a cost-effective and efficient way by providing the right pavement strategy and the right time. In addition to the street and utility work, the city council has provided staff direction to look at all aspects of the neighborhood livability and "living streets" considerations as a part of our transportation projects. As part of project development, staff has review the street, utilities, fiber, sidewalk network, storm water runoff, traffic management and tree preservation.
No improvements or construction in the area will occur until there has been opportunity for public input on the project, which will start during summer and fall 2019. At that time, you will be invited to neighborhood meetings with city staff to discuss the project scope and review preliminary plans. This is the time to get involved and talk with city staff about what's planned for your neighborhood.
The 2020 project is included in the Capital Improvement Program approved by the St. Louis Park City Council. These improvements are proposed to be paid for using city funds; there are no proposed assessments to property owners for this project.
Resources and documents
- 2020 Pavement Management Project map
- Kickoff Open House #1 Letter, Project Overview and Project Map
- Kickoff Open House #1 PowerPoint Presentation
- Kickoff Open House #1 Layout
- Open House #2 Letter, Street Width Overview and Project Scope and Proposed Street Map
- Open House #2- Layout #1
- Open House #2- Layout #2
- Open House #2- Layout #3
- Open House #2- Layout #4
- Final Design Open House #3 Letter
- Open House #3 Project Scope, Proposed Street Width and Proposed Sidewalks Map
- Open House #3- Layout #1
- Open House #3- Layout #2
- Open House #3- Layout #3
- Open House #3- Layout #4
- Public Hearing Letter
- Approved Project Map