City facilities closed to the public until April 10. Learn more.

Engineering FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers

  • Can I request temporary no parking signs for work in the city right of way?

  • How are damage deposits for erosion control permits handled?

  • How do I get a parking permit?

  • How do I get an erosion control or right of way permit?

  • How often can I request a temporary parking permit?

  • If I get approval for temporary parking and there is a snow emergency, can I still park on the street?

  • Is anything different when I check in to vote?

  • Is there a fee for a temporary parking permit?

  • My work involves excavation in the boulevard and street. Which box do I check on the permit application form for type of surface to be disturbed?

  • What are the new FEMA floodplain boundaries, and is my property affected?

  • What is the difference between community and neighborhood sidewalks?

  • What should I put for the date of work to begin on the right of way permit application form if I’m not sure when the work will begin?

  • What type of work requires a right of way permit?

  • Which watershed do I live in?

  • Who is eligible to apply for a temporary parking permit?

  • Who is responsible for any damages that may occur to a car while parking in the approved temporary parking area?

  • Who regulates erosion control on construction sites?

  • Why are damage deposits required for erosion control permits?