Learn about the city's COVID-19 response and resources. Learn more.

Engineering Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The engineering department is responsible for administering or assisting with the following permits. 

Public right of way permit

The city requires a permit for any work in the public right-of-way. This includes work in the street, boulevard and sidewalk. A permit is also required when a lane of traffic must be closed. Learn more about the public right of way permit.

Erosion and sediment control permit

Erosion and sediment control (ESC) permits are required for projects that will disturb an area of 5,000 square feet or greater, projects that will excavate a volume of 50 cubic yards or greater or any project within 100 feet of a lake, pond or wetland. Learn more about the erosion and sediment control permit.

Dewatering permit

St. Louis Park issues individual dewatering permits, in conjunction with the erosion and sediment control permit, for any dewatering of groundwater or surface water from construction projects in the city. The permit only applies to projects that plan to pump groundwater or surface water, temporarily or permanently, from their project. Learn more about the dewatering permit.

Parking permit

Residents can apply to receive parking permits if they meet certain criteria. Learn more about parking permits, including temporary parking, winter parking, permit parking zones and medical needs permits.