The City of St. Louis Park’s Surface Water Management Plan (SWMP) is a a local water management plan prepared in accordance with Minnesota Statute 103B.235 and Minnesota Rules 8410. It is a document that describes the city’s current surface water resources (e.g., lakes, ponds, wetlands); establishes the overall goals and policies the city will follow in managing surface water throughout the city; and defines specific actions and improvement projects the city may undertake over the approximate 10-year term of the plan.
The SWMP has been developed to provide the city with direction concerning the administration and implementation of water resource activities within the city.
The content covers many areas including water quality, flooding, wetlands, groundwater protection, construction site management, operation and maintenance of the city’s storm water system and public education and involvement.
The SWMP meets the policies and requirements of the Minnehaha Creek Watershed District and Bassett Creek Watershed Management Commission, as well as other local, state, and federal agencies. This SWMP was designed to further the city’s vision statements, guiding goals and policies toward surface water management, preservation, and capital improvement program and plans.
Surface Water Management Plan
- Surface Water Management Plan complete without appendices
- Appendix A: Surface Water Agreements
- Appendix B: Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
- Appendix C: Wellhead Protection Plan
- Appendix D: Wetland Management Plan
- Appendix E: Nondegradation report
- Appendix F: Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling report
- Appendix J: Floodplain district ordinance
- Appendix K: Environment and public health
- Appendix M: Erosion and sediment control and stormwater management plan guidelines
- Appendix N: St. Louis Park: Minnehaha Creek Watershed District Coordination Plan