For over 100 years, the St. Louis Park Fire Department has been part of this vibrant, fast-changing community, delivering high quality fire protection and emergency medical services. Along with other city departments, we are working toward building a more resilient community for our residents.
What we do
As emergency responders, the fire department handles a wide variety of crisis and emergency situations. Our team, which includes 27 career and 25 part-time firefighters, is constantly training to keep skills up to date. We are prepared to provide fire suppression, emergency medical call response, hazardous materials response, water and ice rescue, automobile extrication, and confined space, rope, trench or collapse rescue.
The department’s responsibilities have evolved over time. In addition to emergency response, we investigate causes of fires, provide fire safety inspections, work to lessen the impacts of severe weather and are experts in emergency preparedness. Below are some of our services and programs:
- Fire safety inspections
- Fire prevention
- Lockbox program
- Public education
(Fire safety talks, career fairs, school carnivals, block parties)
- Station tours (by appointment) — Call 952.924.2595.
- Car seat safety inspections
- Medicine disposal bags
- Blood pressure checks — Free blood pressure checks are available at both stations daily from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Due to the nature of our work, we may not always be available.
Get a job as a firefighter
Fill out a job interest card to receive email notifications about future fire department opportunities.
Hands-only CPR training
The St. Louis Park Fire Department periodically offers hands-only CPR training classes for those ages 15 and over (an adult or guardian must be present with participants age 15-17). There is a maximum of 15 participants per class, and minimum of five per class. The training is not a certification course and participants will not qualify for a CPR certificate. View the upcoming training dates below, and sign up online for hands-only CPR training.
Upcoming training dates
- Tuesday, June 26, 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 11, 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 24, 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 28, 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 5, 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 25, 5:30 p.m.