The City of St. Louis Park works with a variety of partners to provide residents with safe and affordable rental opportunities, home ownership options and innovative housing programs. Visit the following pages to learn about remodeling incentives, home ownership assistance programs, rehabilitated properties, rental assistance and public housing options.
NOAH Preservation Policies: Informational Meetings for Rental Property Owners/Landlords
The City of St. Louis Park is considering several policies that would support the preservation of naturally occurring affordable rental housing (NOAH) in St. Louis Park. We would like your input, and we’d also like the opportunity to answer your questions about how these policies might affect you. Please join city staff at one of two informational meetings at the St. Louis Park Rec Center Banquet Room, 3700 Monterey Drive, St. Louis Park:
- Tuesday, August 22, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 23, 1-2:30 p.m.
Rental Study Survey
The St. Louis Park Housing Authority (SLPHA) is a citizen group that provides guidance to City Council on housing-related matters. Every year they conduct a survey of all rental units in the city and then publish the results as a rental study report. The purpose of the report is to:
- Examine the cost of rental housing in St. Louis Park.
- Compare rent and vacancy trends from year to year.
- Determine the fairness of rental rates in proposed leases and contracts within the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program, a rental assistance program administered by the SLPHA.
Residents, property owners and the general public are welcome to view the results of last year's survey. Learn about average rental rates and vacancy rates in the city.