The Inspections Department employs 21 full-time staff members, including inspectors with specialties in building and housing codes, as well as service technicians and administrators. The department is responsible for:
- Issuing permits for construction.
- Inspecting new construction and remodeling projects for compliance with building, plumbing, mechanical and electrical system standards in Minnesota State Building Code.
- Inspecting homes and commercial buildings prior to sale to ensure quality of properties in the city.
- Licensing dogs, tobacco sales and mechanical contractors.
- Enforcing sections of the City Code related to nuisances and zoning.
- Inspecting multi-family rental units and one- & two-family non-owner occupied units.
Permits and Licenses
|Renting Your Home|
City Hall, 2nd Floor
5005 Minnetonka Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Phone: 952.924.2588, Fax: 952.924.2663
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30AM – 4:30PM
Inspections Staff Directory