Once you’ve identified a few projects that may be a good fit on your property, it’s time to select a designer or contractor to help develop and implement the project. Identify several designers or contractors and ask them about past projects they have completed and how they would handle your project.
There are several items to consider:
- They should have significant experience designing and building stormwater projects (BMPs).
- They should be familiar with local regulations.
- They should have a strong understanding of what your expectations are for your project.
- They should be willing to work with you throughout the entire process.
- Review past projects and discuss them with owners.
The city cannot recommend specific project designers or contractors. Blue Thumb Partners provides a list of local designers and contractors that have experience with stormwater management design and construction.