Natural resources is a division of the operations and recreation department. This division works to protect, restore and enhance the natural areas and resources of St. Louis Park, including a diverse urban tree population, a wide array of wildlife, 28 water bodies and Westwood Hills Nature Center.
Responsibilities of the division include:
- Urban forestry programs
- Habitat restoration
- Invasive species and wildlife management
- Weed ordinance enforcement
Learn more about:
- Lawn and garden
- Rainwater Rewards program
- Trees — Replacement, care, and diseases and infestations
- Ways to beautify the park
- Wildlife in St. Louis Park
There are many ways to get involved and help the city protect its natural resources. Participate in community tree planting or the annual Minnehaha Creek cleanup, attend a workshop or be an adopt-a-park or garden volunteer.