The Planning and Zoning Division works with citizens, businesses and community leaders to shape the appearance, use and development of St. Louis Park. Division staff administer the Comprehensive Plan and zoning ordinances, prepare reports and studies of redevelopment and long-range plans, and provide information and assistance to citizens, businesses and developers.
Planning and Zoning Activities
- Zoning Ordinance
- Planning Commission
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- Applications, Policies and Zoning Permits
The following permit applications require Board of Zoning Appeals, Planning Commission or City Council approval. Please call Community Development at 952.924.2575 for more information before completing your application.
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment Application
- Conditional Use Permit Application
- Conditional Use Permit Application for Fill or Excavation of more than 400 cubic yards
- Planned Unit Development Application
- Subdivision/Plat Application
- Vacation Application
- Variance Application
- Zoning Map Amendment Application
- Zoning Text Amendment Application
For other permits, such as a fence, parking lot, driveway, shed or sign permit, visit the Permits page.