The Planning and Zoning Division works with citizens, businesses and community leaders to shape the appearance, use and development of St. Louis Park. Division staff administer the Comprehensive Plan and zoning ordinances, prepare reports and studies of redevelopment and long-range plans, and provide information and assistance to citizens, businesses and developers.
Activities of Planning and Zoning
- Zoning Ordinance
- Planning Commission
- Board of Zoning Appeals
- Applications, Policies and Zoning Permits
Zoning Permits (Non-Administrative)
The following permit applications require Board of Zoning Appeals, Planning Commission or City Council approval. Please call Community Development at 952.924.2575 for more information before completing your application.
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment Application
- Conditional Use Permit
- Conditional Use Permit for Fill or Excavation of More Than 400 Cubic Yards
- Planned Unit Development Application
- Subdivision/Plat Application
- Vacation Application — Petition to Vacate Public Highway, Street, Alley or Easement
- Variance Application
- Zoning Map Amendment Application
- Zoning Text Amendment Application
For administrative permits, such as a fence, parking lot, driveway, shed or sign permit, visit the Permits page.