In an ongoing effort to keep people safe and improve relationships between officers and the public, the St. Louis Park Police Department has a wide variety of community outreach activities and programs.
Community Outreach Officer
The community outreach officer coordinates a number of citywide community outreach programs throughout the year. This officer also prepares neighborhood surveys, coordinates neighborhood meetings and addresses a variety of civic, school, resident, and business groups on matters related to personal safety.
Community Outreach Programs
Below is a list of the community outreach programs and activities held throughout the year.
- Neighborhood Watch Program
- National Night Out
- Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
- Cops n’ Kids Holiday Shopping
- Fishin’ with a Cop
- Coffee with a Cop
- Basketball Night in the Park
- Citizen's Police Academy
- The Citizen's Police Academy is open to all interested adults 18 and over who live in St. Louis Park. Classes are on Thursdays, 6-9 p.m. for 10 consecutive weeks. Fifteen applicants will be accepted for each class.
- Skateboarding Extravaganza
- Twins Game Day with Students
For more information, contact the community outreach officer at 952.924.2661.
Many of St. Louis Park's 35 neighborhoods are represented by an organized neighborhood association. Visit the neighborhoods page for more information.