The St. Louis Park Multicultural Advisory Committee (MAC) is a fundamental piece of the Joint Community Police Partnership (JCPP) and the city’s racial equity efforts. The MAC is a culturally, professionally and educationally diverse volunteer group that advises the St. Louis Park Police Department on how to better serve, communicate with and understand the many cultures that reside in, work in or visit the St. Louis Park community.
The MAC meets monthly with police staff to discuss topics important to their communities.
- Creating a safe platform to share community information and concerns
- Facilitated discussions
- Community engagement
- Monthly meetings
- Annual Iftar Dinner
How to get involved
- Live or work in St. Louis Park or are significantly connected to the city.
- Will work collaboratively to enhance relationships between police and the community, specifically with immigrants, people of color and indigenous people.
- Embrace the diversity of the St. Louis Park community.
- Have a genuine curiosity for creative and collaborative problem solving.
- Are willing and eager to participate in challenging and meaningful conversations.
- Respectfully embrace and thrive in an environment where difficult conversations are common.
How to apply
Applicants will be required to pass a criminal background check and interview with representatives of the Joint Community Police Partnership. The administration makes the final selection of who will serve on the committee.